Hosted by Darren Baker
M9 dozer blade help
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2003 - 10:38 AM UTC
I have the academy kit but it feels like is not all there . does anyone have info on this blade and method of attachment, pics or TMs. I've searched the web but to noavail . all help appreciated.

Josh aka shiryon
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2003 - 11:09 AM UTC
Josh, try here: M60 A1 w/ M9 Dozer
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 268 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2003 - 11:15 AM UTC
You are right, it is missing a bunch of stuff.

1. The release/control handle in front of the driver.
2. The hydraulic pump and plumbing from the back to the front. I can look for my pictures for you, but it is on the left rear (I think) fender on the M60A1 and the pipes run right under fender against the hull up to the front and then to the actuating cylindar... not sure how it connects, but then, no one can see down there.

If you are building an M578 CEV it is correct, except for the handle. The hydraulics on the M578 are inside the hull. The M60A1 stuff is outside.

I will look tonight. Sabot has some good stuff, too. I have often wondered if there were pictures of this stuff online... manuals I mean. I got a bunch of the AVLB and will look for the M9 specs this weekend.

It is a nice kit. I have the Verlinden as well and it comes with all the stuff. I think I have scanned the instructions if you want them. They show all of the parts that should be there and are missing in the Academy kit.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2003 - 04:26 PM UTC
In my motor pool there are some TM scans of the M728 CEV (the M578 is the VTR). Memory's the first thing to go Lance!
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 02:35 PM UTC
Thanks for the help fellas . After 2-2 dragoon mentioned the verlinden kit I looked around and found I had one. If your interested wallace1212's has a comlete walk around of a M60a3with the M9. and our IDF armour group there is a M60 with m9 in the forum messages 1973 through 1975. Interesting thing is the hydraulics seem to be interior and the early turret. site is at url = http://groups.yahoo.com/group/idf_armour/messages . thanks for alll the help next is the hobby fan AVLB.

Josh Aka shiryon
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 268 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 03:30 PM UTC
Never could keep all those damn numbers straight...

And yes, tanks with dozers have the hydraulics on the outside... only the CEV had them on the inside... Great pictures! I have an M60 Slick turret to put on a chassis... maybe I will add the Verlinden kit and there you are! Is this tank meant to take reactive armor? Boy, you guys never throw anything away, do you?

Hey, and what is wallace1212??
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 04:00 PM UTC
Yes the tank is meant to take blazer. these tanks are now Magach 7As and 7Cs. if you look at the pics hydrualics are internal. Wallace1212 is another fellas webshots page if you go to my page you will see a list of my favorite webshots pages. you can access it via my site at www.homestead.com/shiryon/index.html just click the link to my webshots page. just uploaded 80 meg of the new IDF arty museum.

Josh Weingarten AKA shiryon
 _GOTOTOP