_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Bradley tracks
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2003 - 08:45 PM UTC
Hi
All the M2A2s I have seen on Gulf War 2 pics are fitted with the late pattern tracks but would it be possible for some vehicles (at least one - the one I would like to build ) to be fitted with the old ones ?
Plan B : is it possible to scratchbuild new track links using an aftermarket set of old pattern Bradley tracks assuming only the rubber pad is different ?
TIA
Frenchy
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 03:19 AM UTC
Well, the track shoe itself differs since the pad attaches to it, but visually, it is basically the pad. I printed out the page from the parts manual and it lists the track types as interchangeable (can use all of one type or all of the other). I left the page at work but can scan & e-mail it to you if you'd like.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2003 - 05:55 AM UTC
Hi Rob
Such an offer can't be refused ! In fact I supposed that it was not just a matter of rubber pad shape... But does this mean that the old pattern track have not been replaced by the new one ? I'd be happy to find some "photographic evidence" of a M2A2 fitted with the "old" tracks in Irak (or in a street of Bagdad according to the latest news...).
Thanks again
Frenchy
 _GOTOTOP