_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T55A
wildbill426
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 375 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 06:50 AM UTC
Here is my first Soviet tank....Tamiya's T55A. It has Fruil tracks, Eduard PE, a Jordi barrel, plus I added some details like the fuel lines and the track guards. I like it but any tips/comments w/b appreciated. Thanks!

Wild Bill
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 07:59 AM UTC
Looks very nice. The cammo scheme is well done.

Points: The tracks are too rusty. Unless this tank has been sitting in a rainstorm for a month, those tracks would be more black and dark brown.

Also, the tow cable would be stiffer...it is a very minor point.

Finally, the MG appears to be more silver than black...maybe it is the photo's? The best finish is to rub the MG and other bare metal, or near so, parts with graphite, like from a pencil.

Hope this helps and keep up with the Russian Armor.
wildbill426
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 375 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 08:22 AM UTC
thanks. The reference photos i had showed a museum tank, and the track color was fairly close to that, surprising since the tank was indoors. the mg is x-10 tamiya with some silver dry brushing, so i overdid the drybrushing! i'll try it again with some x-10 to darken it. thanks for your feedback.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2007 - 10:46 PM UTC
Very nice model, and great cammo. I agree with the track assessment. They're way too rust colored. Unless driven exclusively on hardball, I usually like to use an earth tone for the tracks. As for the MG-spot on . Don't change it. A brand new on won't look like that, but a well worn one will.
 _GOTOTOP