_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M-21
Sancho0409
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 145 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 11:03 AM UTC
It's been a long time since I have posted on Armorama, and probably just as long since I last built a model. Good thing I had an M-21 mortar carrier halftrack in my basement, I was so bored today. Anywho, I got to building, so I'm gonna see how it turns out. I was thinking of putting some sort of camo pattern on it, but I am not sure how historically acurate that would be. On the box, it says it was used during, and after WWII, so if anyone knows anything about what colors or pattern that my work, I'm all ears, or eyes, however you figure
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 11:22 AM UTC
Lt.
WWII was pretty much all drab, as far as I know.
I picked that kit up at a 1/2 off sale at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and plan on doing my as an Israeli version, pretty much all desert sand color.
But as I was poking around on the internet I was surprised to see that the regular halftrack is still in service with the Mexican Army and in a three-tone camo pattern. I may try building that kit at some point. Looks like only a few modifications need to be made.

I'm interested in hearing what other kinds of patters people are aware of out there...

Nate
Wisc. USA
Sancho0409
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 12:12 PM UTC
thanks pork chop, but do you know what colors are used in the typical 3 tone camo?
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 12:57 PM UTC
the modern 3-tone is a forest green, red/brown and black. though I'd have to find the site where I saw that half-track to give you specifics....
You doing any era in particular?

Nate
Wisc. USA
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 01:01 PM UTC
https://www.webone.com.au/~myszka/IDF/Research/Mexht/mexiht.htm

Here's the link for the mexican 1/2-track

Nate
Sancho0409
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2003 - 02:59 AM UTC
OMG Porkchop....right there, thats exactly how I am gonna paint my halftrack...that thing is pimped looking............I just gotta remember to not put any of the American markings on it, and I'll be all good
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2003 - 05:49 AM UTC
Take a look at those photos, there's a few other modicifations to made too... if you want to do them...

NATE
 _GOTOTOP