Hosted by Darren Baker
Nagmachon
McBain
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 09:58 AM UTC
Hi everyone, this is a resin 1/72 scale Israeli Nagmachon from Cromwell Models' Combat72 range. It's built as a quick out of the box project and incredibly the hull and running gear are moulded as a single piece!

KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 11:44 AM UTC
wow, that looks great!
How was clean up?

sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 01:35 PM UTC
Fantastic build.

Please tell us more about the build.

cheers

Mike
f1matt
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 1,021 posts
Armorama: 805 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 01:53 PM UTC
The painting and weathering is truly awesome. It is so difficult to not go over board on such a small kit. It looks big. It really does. You would never know it was 1/72 scale. Was the kit expensive? Also just what is the real vehicle used for? This is the finest looking 1/72 armor model I have ever seen. Thanks for posting the pics. Please show us more of your wok.
McBain
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 07:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

wow, that looks great!
How was clean up?

Thanks! The only real chore was removing the casting plugs that run along the underside of the lower track runs (a good place to put them - out of sight!). Apart from that, there was a very small amount of flash on the smaller parts and just a handful of air bubbles to fill.

Overall it just took a couple of evenings to clean up and build.
McBain
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 07:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Fantastic build.

Please tell us more about the build.

cheers

Mike

Thanks Mike. The kit only has a few parts and they are mostly the very small items so the builddidn't take long. There were a airbubbles to fill and a bit of flash to remove from some of the parts but it was very minor. Removing the casting plugs that run along the underside of the lower track runs was the only bit of real work needed. Once that was done, I just assembled it using super glue gel.

I'm constantly amazed by the ability to mould the complete hull and running gear as a single piece, It's a feature of all the models in this particular range.
McBain
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 07:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The painting and weathering is truly awesome. It is so difficult to not go over board on such a small kit. It looks big. It really does. You would never know it was 1/72 scale. Was the kit expensive? Also just what is the real vehicle used for? This is the finest looking 1/72 armor model I have ever seen. Thanks for posting the pics. Please show us more of your wok.

Hi Matthew - thanks for your comments. The kits costs £18.50 direct from Cromwell Models. Although this sounds expensive, the kit is quite a weighty piece of resin and the amount of detail and the moulding quality is excellent.

The real thing is used by the Israelis as an engineering vehicle - an odd looking vehicle without doubt!

There are more photos of my work on my website:

Small Scale Armour
guygantic
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 7,084 posts
Armorama: 970 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 08:04 PM UTC
Hello fellow braille scale modeler,

Another art piece this modern armor ! Generally I'm not interested in modern stuff, but now I had to jump in my foxhole, what a fantastic job you've done here !!! Congrats ! Btw. I visited your website : your work is magnificent and you can be proud on it. G.
tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 11:50 PM UTC
Nothing left to say, your model looks awesome! Both in terms of detail, which praises Cromwell Models, and in terms of finish, which is for your skills!

Excelent!
RoelGeutjens
Visit this Community
Belgium
KitMaker: 410 posts
Armorama: 383 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 04:20 AM UTC
Hey

Nice model and it's scalle is 1/72??? Looks great. Are you going to do a dio also?

Grtz Roel
xFOX_HOUNDx
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 04:49 AM UTC
Hey! A great piece of work!! What paint did you use to get that Israeli color? It looks Great!!!
McBain
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 05:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello fellow braille scale modeler,

Another art piece this modern armor ! Generally I'm not interested in modern stuff, but now I had to jump in my foxhole, what a fantastic job you've done here !!! Congrats ! Btw. I visited your website : your work is magnificent and you can be proud on it. G.

Hi Guy

I enjoy building both modern and second world war armour but this vehicle in particular is very eyecatching.

thanks again!

Alex
McBain
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 05:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nothing left to say, your model looks awesome! Both in terms of detail, which praises Cromwell Models, and in terms of finish, which is for your skills!

Excelent!

Thanks Peter - the Cromwell kits are superbly detailed and this model in particular makes painting a real joy.
McBain
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 05:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey

Nice model and it's scalle is 1/72??? Looks great. Are you going to do a dio also?

Grtz Roel

Hi Roel

I usually intend to do a small amount of groundwork, but then when I've finished the model I get tempted to move straight onto the next one.

Hopefully one day I'll get started on a diorama!

Alex
xFOX_HOUNDx
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 06:19 AM UTC
Mcbain, What color did you use to paint it?
McBain
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 06:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mcbain, What color did you use to paint it?

Hi Dave

I was going to reply to your first post but my children started fighting over a toy so I had to sort them out!

I used Lifecolour acrylic paint for the base colour - UA 035. it's the first time I've used them and I'm impressed as they spray very well.

Regards

Alex
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
Armorama: 564 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 07:23 AM UTC
Wow, that is different. Cool.
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 10:17 AM UTC
Excentlly done as usual Alex. Is it just me or does the unpainted model have what appears as mud molded on the model? It looks like a must have model to accompany my Achzarit and Merk III.

Ch
f1matt
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 1,021 posts
Armorama: 805 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 10:30 AM UTC
I remember seeing your Tiger II in a mod mag not too long ago. I bought it just for that article. I have enough trouble trying to do a decent job painting 1/35 scale figures, let alone 1/72. Thanks for the link.
McBain
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 11:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Excentlly done as usual Alex. Is it just me or does the unpainted model have what appears as mud molded on the model? It looks like a must have model to accompany my Achzarit and Merk III.

Ch

Hi Charles, glad you like it. The mud is white squadron putty stippled on with an old brush. The model itself is moulded in a very pale grey resin, so the putty looks close in colour to the unpainted model.

It certainly looks the part with the Achzarit and Merk IV I already have - an impressive lineup!

Regards

Alex
McBain
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 11:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I remember seeing your Tiger II in a mod mag not too long ago. I bought it just for that article. I have enough trouble trying to do a decent job painting 1/35 scale figures, let alone 1/72. Thanks for the link.

Thanks Matthew, I appreciate your comments. This will also appear in a magazine at some point (Model Military International) as I built it pretty much out of the box for a review.

Best regards

Alex
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 09:57 PM UTC
Alex,

Good to see more 72nd stuff and yours is truly outstanding! You are the MASTER. Like the rain marks, weathering, figure and subject. Hoping to see you post more stuff here for all to see. Thanks for the link.

-Eddy
McBain
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 02:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Alex,

Good to see more 72nd stuff and yours is truly outstanding! You are the MASTER. Like the rain marks, weathering, figure and subject. Hoping to see you post more stuff here for all to see. Thanks for the link.

-Eddy

Hi Eddy

thanks for your kind comments. Yes, I'll certainly post more stuff his (although my production rate is a bit slow!)

Regards

Alex
petros
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 03:28 AM UTC
great model and finish, as always
petros
thedoog
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 260 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 07:46 PM UTC
Oh, YOU'RE THAT GUY!!??!
Man, I gotta tell you--I saw your Jagdtiger in the book that it's published in--as well as some of your Pz IV's in their respective publications--and I have to say that you are the FINEST 1/72 modeler I have ever seen. You builds are simply masterpieces. I am awed and inspired by your interior work and your depictions of blown-up vehicles.
Awesome, just simply AWESOME!!!!
 _GOTOTOP