_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T34-76 Tracks
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2003 - 07:42 AM UTC
Iīm building a Tamiya T 34-76 Chkz. This is my first WW2 Rusian armor model and I donīt know what colour have to use for painting the tracks.
Can somebody help me with this ?
Thanks.
Tiger1
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 171 posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2003 - 08:50 AM UTC
You can paint the tracks in a number of ways. My opinion on painting Russian tracks are not so different then if you were to apint another nations tracks. I paint my trackjs in a few different ways. The first way is to paint the tracks using Model Masters Schokoladenbraun (RAL 8017) enamel paint. It is a nice reddish brown color, followed by a wash of a mixture of black and burnt sienna. Drybrushed with steel and or rust and rust pastels. Another way that I paint my tracks is using a mixture of Tamiya Flat Black and Flat Earth, 20% to 80% ratio respectively. Followed by the same washing and drybrushing as I stated above. I have had good results with these.
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2003 - 11:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You can paint the tracks in a number of ways. My opinion on painting Russian tracks are not so different then if you were to apint another nations tracks. I paint my trackjs in a few different ways. The first way is to paint the tracks using Model Masters Schokoladenbraun (RAL 8017) enamel paint. It is a nice reddish brown color, followed by a wash of a mixture of black and burnt sienna. Drybrushed with steel and or rust and rust pastels. Another way that I paint my tracks is using a mixture of Tamiya Flat Black and Flat Earth, 20% to 80% ratio respectively. Followed by the same washing and drybrushing as I stated above. I have had good results with these.

Thanks Tiger 1
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 08:58 AM UTC
Carlos,

They are all metal so just paint them the same way that you would a set of 3 bar cleat or metal chevron tracks for the Sherman.

HTH
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 - 04:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Carlos,

They are all metal so just paint them the same way that you would a set of 3 bar cleat or metal chevron tracks for the Sherman.

HTH

Thanks Adam
 _GOTOTOP