_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
AVLB Resin kit
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2003 - 03:04 PM UTC
I have tracked down an AVLB conversion kit made by a company called I-Corp out of Wisconsin. Has anyone heard/used it? Is it worth getting and most importantly what is it worth? Appreciate any help and some quick responses I've got a couple days to decide on this one

Steve
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2003 - 03:11 PM UTC
First, I-Corps went Out of Business in 1995 I believe.

Second, there conversions were considered to be ok for the time, but I have been told that by todays standard, and I am by far and large no bolt counter, that the kits tend to leave a lot to be desired.

I would say that iff you can get it for a nice cheap price, and you are not too worried about it, go for it. Ther is a beautiful AVLB out from Hobby fan that runs about $380, too pricey for me for now...sigh, yes I am that stupid to try and buy one at that price sometime in the future.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 06:39 AM UTC
Well, I'm playing the bid game on ebay. put in a bid and a day later was outbid so the decision has to be made on how far will I go. I'm sure that the $380 kit is exquisite, but my price limit on any model is under $100. So far, I've picked up a Dragon Wagon, Essex and Hornet kits in the $80's I really want an AVLB and it doesn't seem likely that anyone is going to make a styrene one, so a conversion is my best bet, not looking for the "ultimate" just something that is fairly detailed and accurate....I'm not a bolt counter by any means. thanks for your input. if anybody knows anything else please chip in I have until Saturday to decide. hope I don't have to try to outbid anybody here

Steve
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 02:28 PM UTC
Well, if you get it, you will have to give a report on what it is like. I have not seen the I-corps kit of the AVLB, but I did see the kit they had forthe M548 mounted version of the HAWK...it was not that great of a kit, looked rather poor to me. I do hope the AVLB is a much better deal.
 _GOTOTOP