_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Pics of old M60
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 09:18 AM UTC
There is an old M60 in a local park here in Dunwich Indiana. I took some pics of this old warrior and thought I'd share them with everyone who may be interested. Took pics of the suspension and paint chips also

I think the camo was applied before she was placed in the park. You can still see the OD under the top coat

Plastic Widow Likes the "Big Gun" #:-)
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 268 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 09:31 AM UTC
I have an M60 "slick" turret in the wings... this will help me some... thanks.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 09:31 AM UTC
Memories,like the shadows in our minds,misty water kind of memories ,of the way we were...
Flashback for me,BIG time.I was on one of those,in 1974-jan-1976.Everyone look at the end connectors on the track. GO LOOK! THATS the color they rust down to.A teensey bit oranger if it has been moving .
That one did recieve new top loading aircleaners.Mine had side door mounted aircleaners.I guess the elevation cylinder is kaput,or they drained the hydralic fluid,that is a non atandard gun tube support on the Driver'shatch.THough,that is a good way to secure the driver's hatch.
Thanks for the pictures.
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 09:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

.I guess the elevation cylinder is kaput,or they drained the hydralic fluid,that is a non atandard gun tube support on the Driver'shatch.THough,that is a good way to secure the driver's hatch.

I like the way they Cammo'd that to make it look like it was supposed to be there #:-)
If anyone wants better/closer pics of any of the aeras on the tank let me know.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 10:02 AM UTC
Thanks,Sel.If you can climb on it,A picture of the turret blower cover,near the loader's hatch.
Looking at the pictures,I dont see the searchlight stowage rack.
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 11:44 AM UTC
Actually, I do think that the camo was a applied after it was placed in the park,it has some overspray from the drive wheel onto the tracks.....hmmmmm
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 12:08 PM UTC
El Diablo Von Selster & (Mrs. El Diablo)

Thanks for these great pics---they're coming off the color printer as we speak. This is one I've got partially built.

Selster---any possibility of getting a pic of the commanders copula on this beast. Thanks loads pal---> "U Da Man"

ps: I didn't see you on Smackdown last night
mrs_selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 225 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 12:21 PM UTC
Actually those pics don't do the tank justice. The tank looks worse than those pics! LOL .. our Camera is too good. LOL .. but he took them with zeal and dedication. Me, I like the firepower... you know.. cannons and such. We're planning on going back to the park and taking more pics. I think if Sel climbs up on the tank for those picture requests, they might decide to put a fence around it. LOL .. But it was fun and got us out of the house for a while.

Brings back old memories of the base we lived at as a child.

_GOTOTOP