_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Czech Trailer P-50 WIP
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 10:34 PM UTC
After my BAT-M project was finished I'm currently starting the next one to place it on: the czech trailer "P50/80" from MMK. This will be placed behind a TATRA 813 towing vehicle.

The kit looks good over all but there are many bubbles in the resin and plenty of wheels as you can see in the pictures. I started with some filling, sanding and detailing. But as you can spot, there is much more filling to do. But this is to follow during my next workbench time. It is just a start for now, but I'll try to keep you updated .

guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 01:41 AM UTC
Alright, some more work done on this one. It took a while to go on with the trailer but now the most work is done. But I got to say that the resin quality is quite bad! SO much bubbles in the resin and fitting issues and so on. At the end it wasn't fun to build it anymore So it is one of the so called "pigs to build" But its the only kit out there for this trailer and it was quite reasonably prized for a short-run one. So I'm happy that it is almost finished. Next time it is the back to be detailled, some cables to add and then paint...

My biggest concern are the wheels. Now there are only 14 assembled yet. But there are 26 (!!!) more to go and I really hope all of them will touch the ground finally. As I said: I'm quite happy to be finished with all this... lets hope it will fit together well in the end

I hope the TATRA 813 "Kolos" from the same manufacturer (MMK) is a bit better in quality but that is gonna be another story.

Hope the pics are ok and enjoy them! If there are question, feel free to ask, I hope I can help then...

Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 04:22 AM UTC
Looks very nice considering the problems of the kit, I have heard of better and worse castings of this. Sounds like you got a middle-of-the-road casting. Hate to see a bad one considering the prices paid for them!

What will the load be?
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 04:41 AM UTC
Yeah, that thing with the price is absolutely right

But there can be such big differences: I just started the "Stalinetz S60" tractor from REALMODEL and it is such good resin quality... but NOT a good price for it at all... (almost twice the money as for the trailer, much smaller though).

Anyway, it is "ok" so to say (to agree with you Jaques: maybe one of the "medium quality" ones) and as I said: I'm happy to see it done. The load will be my BAT-M engineering vehicle (shown in a feature last year here on armorama) and it is to be towed by the "TATRA 813". Got this one waiting in the shelf already
But its also from MMK so maybe I just need to "take a break" with something small and neat OOB after the trailer...
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 09:17 AM UTC

Got the P50 on "To-Do" shelf.--with Tatra 815 and Tatra 813...........had no probs with the P50N ..........went together ike a dream

It is still to be weathered .........when it gets coupled up with its TATRA.............have 5 of MMK kits and they all look ok in the boxes.......no bubbles of any importance .........will post when I can get back to bench in a few weeks
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 09:34 AM UTC
hey barv,

your P50N looks good indeed. I'm not sure at the moment but would say that there were problems with the TATRA kit visible as well after the first view. Whatever, I will build that one anyway... and the harder the challenge, the more value the result has at least for myself then

Have you built one of the TATRA kits already?
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 11:24 AM UTC

Got 2 Tatra's on the stocks (815 and 813) .......and the AV-15 has just got its 'bed ' and jib done ..........have had to do them ,as and when I have a break from my other stuff......but there has only been 1 altercation and that was the'back-board ' on 813--but No 'holes 'of any consequence
Will post when I find a few mins to finish them
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 02:36 AM UTC
...long time, no see...

I was really busy the last months, thats why it took so long, to show some progress on the trailer. But here we are:

the building is finished more or less. As I said before, the quality is not good at all, so I just tried to make the best out of it. My painting skills are still on a low level... just not enough training with the airgun because just not enough stuff to paint... I'm not too satisfied with the color all together, I think its still a little bit too dark. I used Tamiya XF 65 "field grey" as the basic color and shaded it with Tamiya XF 27 "black green".

Now it looks still a bit clean... well it still has to be oil-washed, dry-brushed and sealed. At the end I will add some dust. So there'll be more pics (hopefully soon) The trailer shall display one of the former East German Army (Nationale Volksarmee NVA) and the load will be my already built BAT-M.

Enjoy the pics and please let me know your comments and critics...

There'll be 20 pics. So here are the first 10:

guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 02:37 AM UTC
... and here's the rest:

guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 12:03 AM UTC
Ok guys, its done. The trailer is finished and the BAT-M just rolled on it, waiting to be transported I added some small detail on the BAT (some tools to give the open engine hood a sense. The rest is just the same trailer as shown before, just some dust, dirt, oil and drybrushed color added... hope you enjoy it, now its time to start the TATRA.

tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 681 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 03:13 AM UTC
Is there a truck that pulls it, that would be a nice dio.I might get one myself where did you get it.Your model has all that extra detail really brings it to life. That is what I doing with my Abrams I'm doing right now.

Where did you find that copper wire. I'm using brass wire and it's a pain to work with. But copper would look the same. Why did you use copper instead of brass.

Happy Modeling
Tom

PS; It is increditable piece of work.Just a winner in any show in my book.
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 06:06 PM UTC
Thanks for the kind words!

There will be a towing vehicle indeed: a TATRA 813 "KOLOS" from MMK (waiting in my shelf already ) I got the trailer and the TATRA from the czech manufacturer MMK. The engineer vehicle is from panzershop.cz .

I just got my hands on some copper wire in a hobby shop (that kind, where you can also buy arts color, oil paints etc.) It was cheap, turned out be be easy to handle (quite soft -> easy to bend) and I got it with different diameters... so I kept using it. Thats more or less it, there is no special reason, why I havn't tried brass yet... just coincidence.
 _GOTOTOP