Hosted by Darren Baker
GMC ABM-51 Crane
SHERMAN2
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 89 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 07:34 AM UTC
Added an album on this GMC crane. Have more to add to album as I get time. It's been way down on my build list. But maybe others would like to do it.

linkname

Jo
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 03:30 PM UTC
Nice ref pics! Thank you.

samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 - 04:34 PM UTC
Joe,

I'd love to say that I was going to build one of these babies right away but the truth is it's way down on my list too. Thanks for the ref photos though, because one day I WILL build one and it'll be great to know where to go.

Thanks again,
Jim
Large Scale Armory
SHERMAN2
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 06:04 PM UTC
http://put.url.here

I found 2 CCKW hard top cranes about an hour away. Around a half mile off a main road. They have been sitting there for at least 30 years. One is a power shovel. Appear to be conversions with cabs added to the cranes. Come spring I'll go back and take detail pics and see if anyone knows their history. Truck cabs are in really bad shape.
mhlon1
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 11:11 AM UTC
hi
We have a cckw with a little giant powere shovel shovel similar to the bantam units. The unit will need a lot of work and I would love to change over to a lattice boom crane. Any copies of the manuals etc. would be appreciated. We are in horseheads ny. lon dewey
SHERMAN2
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 01:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hi
We have a cckw with a little giant powere shovel shovel similar to the bantam units. The unit will need a lot of work and I would love to change over to a lattice boom crane. Any copies of the manuals etc. would be appreciated. We are in horseheads ny. lon dewey

I could copy the copy of the manual I have.

Went to take more pictures late last summer and they were gone. After being there as long as I can remember, oh well.

But here's a modelers possibility. One 48th scale Tamiya GMC plus a 50th scale Bantam diecast crane from SpecCast. Due out this month is the shovel version.

Joe
 _GOTOTOP