_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
New 1967 early Centurion From AFV Club
SabIngaMartin
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 171 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 12:06 PM UTC
Few minutes ago got them. Looks nice, come with spare 105 gun in addition to the 20 pdr and many small parts that will help to IDF modellers in other projects as well.
Robert
UM83CANES
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 275 posts
Armorama: 242 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 04:34 AM UTC
Excellent news – I’ve been waiting for this kit forever!

Are there any reviews or sprue shots on the internet yet? I hope Greatmodels.com gets theirs in soon – still listed as pre-order over on their site.
iowacentral
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 121 posts
Armorama: 115 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 05:37 AM UTC
Another good day for IDF modelers. We have had a good year when it comes to new kits, conversions, and especially books. I really enjoyed your book Robert and look forward to the next one in the series.
Scott
petros
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 05:55 AM UTC
Is it OOTB accurate for the six-days war?
TIA
petros
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,349 posts
Armorama: 1,267 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 09:09 AM UTC
Any links? As you can see by my projects, It would fit nicely in the middle....

Terry has test shots in the news section:

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/afvclub.htm

Me likey

Looks like another chance to make up another batch of one of the 800 versions of armor sand..
SabIngaMartin
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 09:41 AM UTC
Dear Modellers
As I say its early centurion in IDF service, thus its Mark 5 and 5/1 with many parts make it as Israeli as in 1960-1967 period. These parts include 4 IDF plastic jerry cans with their holder, IDF type ant. IDF type infantry telephone, larger rear engine deflector, O.5 machine gun with early base and ammo box in PE, bonus 105 allum gun, and other small parts. several different numbers and letters in the decals.
In all a good beginning for IDF subjects by AFV and I HOPE (sure) that many others will be follow in the future.

Thanks Scott for your nice words for my book, completely sold out, few copies still left with Chris “Todman” and also in Sprue brothers models shop. In few weeks it will become HOT product in ebay.
Robert

SabIngaMartin
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 07:36 AM UTC
Dont worry, the Shot Kal with the dizel engine will follow up soon, (i am working on that even now).
As Centurion in IDF was involved in wars and combat operation more than 30 years period there is place to build several different type of it.
Robert
AVRE165
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 181 posts
Armorama: 145 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 08:09 AM UTC
hi ya

well i have seen teh drawings and everything else to do with it, due out LATE january. but i to am building a Cromwells SHOT KAL 1982 version .
the new figures from hobby fan to go with the IDF Centurion are also great.
i can not wait to see the shot version as well.
Ossie
SabIngaMartin
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 09:07 AM UTC
Hi Ossie,
Yes most of the things are ready now, some small changes and additions. Doing now the decals for it. I glad to see that you like the decals of the early Shot. Of course not all what I want to add to the kits and suggest is accepted by the AFV but I am sure that with every kit more and more additional parts and different variations will be done. About the figures i also sure that more will come out with some unique pose too. I am building Centurion too (among some Shermans and Merkavas) but the early SHOT. Yes I totally agree the Cromwel staff is first rate.
Thank you
Robert
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 06:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Few minutes ago got them. Looks nice, come with spare 105 gun in addition to the 20 pdr and many small parts that will help to IDF modellers in other projects as well.
Robert

Great News! I have one on the way from GMWS.

Does it have the Search light box on the rear as well?

Chris
SabIngaMartin
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:25 PM UTC
No Chris, it is early type without the box in the rear, but the next one Shot Kal will have it.
Finish the decals for it few days ago, will be with very attractive box cover too.
Robert
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 01:57 AM UTC
Thanks Rob. It sounds like your books on the Centurion will be just as good (if not better than your previous one on the M50/51, Luckily, I was quick to get mine from Toadman.

Thanks for the info on the Shot Kal.... The AFV Club is a great kit I do think they messed up on the Jerry can mounts, shouldn't there be a "strap" running from the bottom sides to meet the middle?

Also, Do you know when the IDF received its first Dutch Centurions with improved Gun mounts and rear basket? was it before the 67 war? I believe that they copied the Dutch mounts when installing the new 105 gun. The mount was far superior to the British mount.

THanks
Chris
SabIngaMartin
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 05:11 AM UTC
dear chris,
I agree the line is missing, even it was there when I saw the plastic tree drawings, so it was lost somewhere in the production process, I already inform them about it, but anyway its easy to fix.
You right, but for now only Shermans and half tracks, a lot of them.
i dont know which Danish modification you talk about but what sure is the IDF had a lot of centurions with 105 guns and baskets in 1967 war with modified engine deck and rear (still Met. petrol engine).
Robert
SabIngaMartin

barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2007 - 01:11 AM UTC

Got mine (2) .....realy nice ----pity I have to chop one
Lots of nice bits and the two barrels are realy well done ------guess I will have requests for them from my club guys . .....I dont do " bang-bangs"...BUT !!! there could be the exception
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
 _GOTOTOP