Armor/AFV: 48th Scale
1/48 scale discussion group hosted by Rob Gronovius
Hosted by Darren Baker
Artillery Stonk - 1/48 Priest or Sexton
48modeler
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 01:31 PM UTC
Does anyone have any idea if a 1/48 Priest or Sexton is planned? Seems like I remember that the folks at Gasoline were going to do a Priest Conversion. They had some pics up for a short time, then it disappeared.

Between Tamiya and Hobby Boss, we seem to have every version of the Sherman imaginable. Sure would be nice to do the derivatives! A recovery vehicle would be cool too! Tamiya's done a great job with the Brit stuff, so a Sexton would also be welcome!

generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 01:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Does anyone have any idea if a 1/48 Priest or Sexton is planned? Seems like I remember that the folks at Gasoline were going to do a Priest Conversion. They had some pics up for a short time, then it disappeared.

Between Tamiya and Hobby Boss, we seem to have every version of the Sherman imaginable. Sure would be nice to do the derivatives! A recovery vehicle would be cool too! Tamiya's done a great job with the Brit stuff, so a Sexton would also be welcome!

CMK has a recovery version I think it goes for around $30 It's going to take time for the companies to make either kits or conversions I think one of the reasons some companies may be hesitant to make conversions of something popular is,the main companies,like Tamiya may come out with a plastic version

Case in point
The SU122 Gasoline made a resin conversion for the Tamiya T34 A few months later,Tamiya makes an SU122 in plastic
BornToDig
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 09:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Between Tamiya and Hobby Boss, we seem to have every version of the Sherman imaginable.

Oh how I wish that were true...

As for the M7, I don't think anyone has one in the works. I would venture though, that sooner or later Tamiya will come out with an M-3 Lee/Grant and the A/M folks will give us an M7 conversion shortly afterwards. I'd say by fall of 2010 we'll see it

_GOTOTOP