_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
su76
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 08:20 AM UTC
Hi again anybody built the marquete 1/35 scale SU-76I I got one and another on the way at 22 plus it looks pretty good,a few sink holes on armor plate but I will scratch build some out of card Damn dragon discontinued theirs Su-76M. Darn
How do the parts fit this is my first Marquete model.
Latter
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 09:00 AM UTC
I've never built the kit you have, but it can't be much worse than the Dragon/DML kit.

It is ex-Alan and is rather toy-like, except for the fragile link-to-link tracks. I built the DML/Dragon/Alan kit when it came out several years ago and I can tell you a few problems off the top of my head:

The hull parts are way too thick (like 6+ inches thick in 1/35 scale).

The tracks are too narrow for the wheels or the wheels are too wide for the track. I think the latter, but it was easier to shave the guide horns than the wheels (in my mind).

The gun is messed up (fore and especially aft) and missing lots of detail.

The interior is all fouled up and wrongly laid out.

I scratched a gun breech, fenders, ammo, ammo boxes, radio, machine gun, periscopes, etc. ... I think you get the idea.

One plus: the decals went on nice.

My 2 cents,
Chappy_ju87
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 146 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 09:12 AM UTC
I would have to agree with Hollowpoint about the DML/Alan kit.....I was all excited when I bought the kit and when I got home and opened it I was extremely pissed.....sold it the next week
Michel
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 11:12 PM UTC
Dragon AND Maquette AND Alan are ( or IS, by the way ! ) the same kit from the same mold...!
You definitely need the ITALERI/ZVEDA ZIS3 76mm gun, and thin down the MONSTROUSLY thick hull sides...! But it ' s the only one SU 76 I know...
Good luck !
' ve a nice day...!
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 03:49 AM UTC
You are right those sides look like they could take a blast from an XM1 and still keep going,sure is a lot of plastic in their kit and I have seen allready that I have to change the plates for armor and the way they made the sides are God awful but at least it is starting point. Still can't get over those sides,not to worry about that puppy warping
GEESH
 _GOTOTOP