_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
NEW USERS: Having sign-in problems?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 11:01 AM UTC
Attention users with the following Callsigns:

cheetah and dibhead,

If as a new user sign-up you have trouble getting your initial password email, please contact me. You would not believe the number of emails I have gotten kicked back from differenct users mail servers. One of yours in particular, a South African company address, is being rejected by the mail server there. This means I can't even email you directly with any of my various mail accounts.

Asking for a "forgot password" email won't help if my mail server can't get your mail server to accept the email. As seems to be the case with some users. Sometimes people are using MSN, Yahoo, and Hotmail, but keep in mind if you haven't checked those emails and cleared them of junk-mail - that you could be over your mail storage alotment and further emails are refused.

Also...and I will say this yet again: When you sign up the first time YOU MUST PROVIDE A VALID "WORKING" E-MAIL so that your password can be sent to you for logging into the site. There is no other way around this verification system.

If you mistakenly put the wrong email when you sign-up please email me and I will correct the error.

Thanks,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP