_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Legend’s IDF 50 Cal Machine gun set?!?!
UM83CANES
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 275 posts
Armorama: 242 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 04:56 AM UTC
Okay, here’s the issue:

I’ve been dieing to get my hands on some of Legend’s IDF conversions, but frankly knowing very little about working with resin, I figured I start slow with and inexpensive kit. So I bought their IDF 50 Cal machine gun set for tanks and to be blunt – I’m fairly disappointed.

Specifically, some of the small parts in this kit have HUGE pour blocks which I’m finding fairly hard to remove without damaging the part itself. Additionally, some of the detail on those small parts seems fairly “soft” and while the color instructions are a nice touch a lot of the parts placement is still very hard to figure out.

Is this just a poor kit or is this just the quality of molding I should expect from legend? Could I just have gotten a bad copy of this kit? Or am I just being too pick as I don’t know what the heck I’m doing with resin (very, very possible)

Thanks for any comments in advance –

Noah
mazyen
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 08:11 AM UTC
Well.... I agree with you but I am coocoo enough to waste my time to complete both of them. (Wife is not too please though). However the barrels were so bent that I've replace them with good old plastic ones which I chopped from my spares. To make life easier the best way to clean them up is to glue them together first, then file off excess real gently.
[] []
Best Of Luck
squeeky1968
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 315 posts
Armorama: 232 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 08:24 AM UTC
Hi Buddy,just read your post.The way i got round this problem was to buy Academy`s excellent WW II Machine gun set then scratchbuild what was`nt present.Ican`t recommend this set highly enough,it`s got all you need for this kind of conversion/superdetailing including the mounts to put directly on to tanks etc.Hope this helps you out.
 _GOTOTOP