Hosted by Darren Baker
normandy house corner
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 08:09 AM UTC

Hello to all, I want to present the piece in that I´m working now. This time I have used the spackle to cover the spaces among the woods of the uper floor. there is textured pressing lightly with a sponge. the rest of the building this fact with the habitual method: to cut small cork pieces and to glued them to a wooden structure.
cheers
gooseizloose
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 08:51 AM UTC
great work so far, really have a new respect for all of the great scratchbuilders on here. keep up the great work.
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Armorama: 777 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 09:39 AM UTC
I am hooked with your threads Blockhaus, you are really a great building builder. Your technics I don't care really that much -what i really love with your work is surely your observation and killer detail sense
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 10:09 AM UTC
Really terrific work Carlos
Beaver22
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 10:23 AM UTC
Great work there old chap,

You have achieved a really convincing texture to the masonary and timbers.

Stuart
petros
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 10:54 AM UTC
excellent job as always
one q: what spackle are you using?
TIA
petros
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 08:05 PM UTC
Hola Carlos
I really like these backdrops that have plenty of juxtaposed facades and angles!
I remember another you did which had a narrow alley running between two buildings.
This is great, and the stucco render looks the part as does the woodwork, although would the timbers be laid so irregular at the top left gable?
Cheers
Brad
guygantic
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 7,084 posts
Armorama: 970 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 08:40 PM UTC
What a fantastic way to make a house section this realistic ! JBA said it, your feeling for detail is just unbelievable. I'll follow this one and I'll try this cork-way too. You must love Normandy old houses, isn't it ? G.
Pavlovsdog
Visit this Community
Carlow, Ireland
KitMaker: 438 posts
Armorama: 352 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 10:14 PM UTC
That is lookiug great I really like the finnish - you've got it perfect , best wishes

Jerry
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2007 - 09:29 AM UTC
Thank you for your kind words. I believe that Jean have find the essence of the success or failure of a piece, the secret not this in the construction technique, but in the combination of different volumes and textures it is a game of subtleties in those that it is necessary to keep in mind several factors: some appropriate measures of each one of the elements that they compose the group, the different angles in those that cross the surfaces and the textures of the materials. But there are not fixed rules for this. In general I never work with a plan, only with a sketch in a paper drawn in 10 minutes, later I go playing with the material until I discover which is the correct disposition. Of course that I look at pictures of real houses of the area that I want to represent, but alone as inspiration source, few times a real house is good me to reproduce without modifying, there is always a window outside of place or a too big door.
Bradley: I have tried to represent an irregular wood, as those that can it turns in the pictures.I believe that the combination of you line right and other but irregular they produce an interesting effect.
Guy, if Normandy is one of my favorite places, its houses have some combinations of materials and very rich textures

cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2007 - 10:43 AM UTC
Carlos, nicely done. You've captured the whole timber - stucco thing brilliantly.
I agree with you on textures, makes for a much more interesting building when it has mixed materials used by the builder, as done in the old days. Yes, also the older the building the cruder the look, off center beams, crooked windows newer materials added to an old structure, etc. which I find very beautiful.
Cheyenne
 _GOTOTOP