Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.F WIP
arbalet
Visit this Community
Moscow City, Russia
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 08:14 AM UTC
Hello, everyone!
I want to share with you my pics of Pz.III F. The model is by Attack Hobby, build out of the box except some changes. I drilled holes in all wheels, made ends of fenders and tow shackles of foil and replaced machine guns by those taken from small soldiers kit "German infantry" by ESCI/ITALERI.

Waiting for your comments.
tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 01:57 PM UTC
Hi Vladimir!

Looks good so far!
I like your improvements, but I have to say, there is a small error: the antenne-holder rail on the right-side fender should be elevating towards the back of the vehicle. Looks like an easy fix.

(Actually, I'm not an expert of the question, but all the rails I have seen were either paralell with the fender or were elevating at the back. Looking at your vehicle, that rail couldn't hold the antenne.)

Keep posting!
arbalet
Visit this Community
Moscow City, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 09:04 AM UTC
Thanks a lot, Peter, you're right with the antenna holder - it's too high and it's elevation is somehow wrong. Now I've fixed it by making the holder layout parallel to the fender.
arbalet
Visit this Community
Moscow City, Russia
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2008 - 12:26 AM UTC
Now comes painting.

First of all, basic paint - two layers of Vallejo acrylics: 85% Dark Blue Grey + 15% Foundation White + 50% Satin Varnish.

Then I've painted a tow cable, instruments, headlights and machine guns' barrels. Insignia is partly painted by hand (numbers), partly presented by transfers corrected by hand.

After that I did some shading and applied four filters (Winsor & Newton oils - blue, green, yellow and raw sienna).

arbalet
Visit this Community
Moscow City, Russia
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 10:52 PM UTC
The model after some weathering. I weathered it with Winsor & Newton oils and dry pastels. Chipping was done with Zvezda acrylics.

To be continued...
rustey
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 101 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 07:17 AM UTC
wow! looks nice. i like the panzer 3. i have bought my self a panzer 3 ausf l ftom tamiya in 1/35 scale.

yours looks very inspiring

greets Jens,
guygantic
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 7,084 posts
Armorama: 970 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 09:10 AM UTC
Vladimir,
Fantastic weathering, the real thing, I like it a lot. Top quality model ! May be a bit more rusty towing cables ? G.
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 12:24 PM UTC
Vladimir,

Super job thusfar. . . Like the way you did a step by step on the paint and weathering. Very well done indeed. Sure have learned a few new things here from you and I will try them on my next builds. THANK YOU!!!

Anyhow your build looks very real at this point.

-Eddy
arbalet
Visit this Community
Moscow City, Russia
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 08:47 AM UTC
And finally... I added some stowage. One box is Italeri's, the other - Dragon's. Canvas roll is also made by Dragon. Fuel cans are from the kit. The flag is made of thin paper, painted by hand with Zvezda and Vallejo acrylics and black ink pen. Antenna is made of thin wire.

Sorry for such an out-of-balance photo. My camera is like a naughty child - does anything but what should do.
tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 09:06 AM UTC
Hi Vladimir,

I like your Pz III, it looks very detailed. Honestly, I didn't have great expectations, I didn't know much about Attack's models, but now I'm thinking of getting one of those Pz III kits...

Your photos are great too, but can I ask for a bit higher resolution images or close-up photos?

arbalet
Visit this Community
Moscow City, Russia
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 07:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Vladimir,

I like your Pz III, it looks very detailed. Honestly, I didn't have great expectations, I didn't know much about Attack's models, but now I'm thinking of getting one of those Pz III kits...

Your photos are great too, but can I ask for a bit higher resolution images or close-up photos?

Hi, Peter,
Thanks for your comment, it does prove my small theory that an unconvincing model can be somehow changed in a better way by carefull assembling and painting. Those Attack models are something between Eastern Express and UM in terms of quality. They require a lot of work to make them look more or less good. Their single value is that they represent vehicles rare in plastic. As for Pz.III F - it's the only plastic model as far as I know. So, fans of Pz.III tanks or those who are interested in Blitzkrieg theme (like me) have nothing but to assemble this stuff.
Today I'll try to take some more photos. Maybe I'll be lucky to get better ones...
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 07:14 PM UTC
Vladimir,

Super job! Really like the weathering. Like the way you hand made the flag and placed the stowage.

I concer with Peter, concerning the Attack models but after seeing yours I too will be getting me one to add to my growing pile.

-Eddy
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 09:55 AM UTC
verry nice model you made, a nice subject also, much missed in 1/35 scale

Pit
 _GOTOTOP