_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
1/35 civilian vehicles
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 11:43 PM UTC
I've been toying around with the idea of a dio based on a picture I saw just after Desert Storm. It shows the road to Basra with numerous "civilian" vehicles abandoned or destroyed on the side of the road...
Do you know where can I find some 1/35 civilian vehicles (preferably modern) that I could use?

Mario M.

AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:00 AM UTC
Doesnt Tamiya have some?

Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Doesnt Tamiya have some?

I must admit I don't really know if they have anything close to 1/35... Anders, do you know something more?

Mario M.

Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:40 AM UTC
If you can find some 1/32 scale snap tite kits, they should work close enough. I've seen a few here and there, but haven't really paid much attention to them. I'll see if I can find out anything else for you Mario. "Q"
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:41 AM UTC
Lol Maki, I really don't know, I just thought I remembered Tamiya to have some, maybe they are in a different scale, let me do some checking for you

CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 03:33 AM UTC
If you are going to do destroyed vehicles and such (I'd already toyed with this project) then you might want to raid the spare parts box. A burnt out WW2 chassis and a Burnt out modern chassis aren't much different after "meltdown". I think by using, plastic card, the spares box, and a few snap tight kits it is feasible to pull the project off. Remember a lot of these modern soviet kits ICM, Skif et al would be a good basis to start from; Try and limit the destruction area and concentrate on details, that's only my opinion, but I think it would be more effective.
 _GOTOTOP