_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Trumpeter Latest Announcements
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 11:24 PM UTC
Trumpeter has just announced its advance release program. This consists of an initial four releases scheduled for second-quarter 2008. The report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 11:34 PM UTC
Very interesting to finally see some "modern" Russian armour from one of the big kit manufacturers. It will be interesting to see how the quality will be. Hopefully the BMP-3 is next.....

Thanks for the update
tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2007 - 04:00 AM UTC
Anyone can tell me a good reason for the King Tigers?

Revell makes nice KT kits, both turrets. Dragon also makes both types, even nicer, also a Zimmerited P turret version is on the market, and also a H version was announced with figures.

Why we need two other kits, that are presumably inferior to the existing ones?

(Sorry for the rant.)
bodag
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2007 - 04:53 AM UTC
This is actually the second PT-76 from Trumpeter. The first (the initial model) is reviewed on PMMS.

PMMS Review

It got a pretty good review. I have the kit and I think it is a really decent kit.

Quoted Text

Very interesting to finally see some "modern" Russian armour from one of the big kit manufacturers. It will be interesting to see how the quality will be. Hopefully the BMP-3 is next.....

Thanks for the update

TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2007 - 12:58 PM UTC
Yes,it is nice to see Cold War Soviet armor.I would like to see some company do Other country's Armor from the early 50's to late 60's.
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,349 posts
Armorama: 1,267 posts
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2007 - 06:06 PM UTC
Hmm, interesting, but ditto on waiting for a BMP
H_Ackermans
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 2,229 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2007 - 06:16 AM UTC
One observation, I would REALLY like companies to stop using the terms Henschel and Porsche turret when referring to the initial and simplified turret Tiger-B's.

It just keeps this myth running.
junxter
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 94 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2007 - 10:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One observation, I would REALLY like companies to stop using the terms Henschel and Porsche turret when referring to the initial and simplified turret Tiger-B's.

so is it like BMW or Audi instead ?
squeeky1968
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 315 posts
Armorama: 232 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 - 06:31 AM UTC
HUMPH !!!,still no sign of that now myhtical beast,THE MAZ TANK TRANSPORTER in 1/35 scale,i`ll be collecting my pension by the time they get round to releasing that.
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 - 06:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Martin,

The designations of Henschel and Porsche refer to the suspension designs, not the turrets. The turrets were all designed and manufactured by Krupp. That's what Herbert's referring to.
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 - 01:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

HUMPH !!!,still no sign of that now myhtical beast,THE MAZ TANK TRANSPORTER in 1/35 scale,i`ll be collecting my pension by the time they get round to releasing that.

Dan, that should be out 1st Q of '08, hopefully no later than the end of Feb.. Of course with a going price of $110-120, plus the cost of the addition to your home to fit it.................
H_Ackermans
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 2,229 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 11:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Martin,

The designations of Henschel and Porsche refer to the suspension designs, not the turrets. The turrets were all designed and manufactured by Krupp. That's what Herbert's referring to.

Yipe, that's the JagdTiger! There a suspension designed by Porsche was trialled.

About the turrets, you are correct apart form that Krupp designed them, Wegman manufactured them next to the Henschel plant at Kassel.

Ooh, and uhm.... the 1/16Tiger-B,when is that going to hit the stores? Also,any clues as to a follow up with the Tiger-B with simplified turret?

Or.... drool.... a 1/16 JagdTiger?
flintlock
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 08:46 AM UTC
Im glad the PT-76 is out, I certainly hope that Fruil or Model kasten gives us some nice workable track links for the kits tracks is really the only thing to me that the kit suffers from as others have pointed out its a nice decent kit.
Im hoping we will see a BMP-1/2/3,BMD series, BTR-152, and some newlt tooled BTR and BRDM kits.
The MAZ tank transporter like many Im really looking foward too. As well as the T-62(probably my most wanted kit right now)
 _GOTOTOP