_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Tire of same old Bees
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 04:11 PM UTC
I am just tired of puting up with old stuck up buttheads
This sigth is definently not for me and i am done with it
Maybe i can find as igth more tuned to the younger generation
Nice knowing some of you guys.
Branden
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 11:27 PM UTC
We are sorry to hear this Banden, but unfortunately what appeals to most of us about this site is that it has a certain level of maturity and a sense of self-responsibility, while maintaining it's sense of humor. I was one of your biggest supporters for a long time, Branden, but unfortunately, you seem to lack maturity at times and this is a quality that just goes at odds with what this site is about. We like the maturity, Branden, we like being around other people who can be adults and bring adult thoughts, ideas, and perspectives to the hobby, while trying to keep it's youtrhful exuberence. You are certainly exuberent and did bring some good ideas to us. You were there at the start of the DSB and had some good input into it, but your youthfulness has created some difficulty. It is important to remember that there is a difference between childlike and childish.

Rob
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 929 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 11:32 PM UTC
What's up Lifestyle ?
Why don't you want to stay with us ?
Some people should certainly make efforts to accept the others, but you shouldn't take things so personaly ! This site is about having fun together, giving ideas and listening to other people's ideas.
Come on, let's keep on having fun together !
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 459 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 11:46 PM UTC
I'm with the others here...IMHO, this is the best, most respectful modelling site out there. I said in another post that, while this wasn't the first site I used, I found that the members here treated others with far more respect than they did on my first site. I switched over to Armorama and now use it almost exclusively. I feel that the respect and the general atmosphere is far more user friendly, especially for newbies. If you want out, that's fine and all the best to you, but honestly, I don't think you will find another online community like this one.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2003 - 12:02 AM UTC
I am a huge supporter of 'to each his own'. I also understand that true communication can break down when it comes in a non-face to face methods. In those cases I believe that you must tolorate a bit more and temper a bit more also.
As with anything in life, an even keel come only with work, that includes Armorama.

lifestyle, I am sorry you feel the way you do.
User_789
Visit this Community
Sweden
KitMaker: 476 posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2003 - 07:03 AM UTC
Branden,

Sorry to hear that you will leave this site, I think this is a very good site for newbies and youngesters (that include me). Hope that you will come back to the site, I don't think that you will find another site like this.
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2003 - 05:11 PM UTC
Maybe its me I dont know but I should just chiill out for a little while for the best of everyone.
Sorry if I have caused anyone insult thats my job just playing.
Some of you like I said are good men

Branden Welch
As always happiy modeling
And Im done flaming #:-) #:-)
P.s
Me and the moderators of the sigth just dont see Eye to Eye which is cool by me.
Foe god sakes people its only a message board not real life
Ok calm down branden
Uses your anger management tactacts
Booga OOga Swellllllllll
Wheeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww
I feel much better
Anways now Im done Flaming
Bye
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2003 - 07:38 PM UTC
Hi Life,

I guess I am one of the old stuck up butthead you are referring to.

I am sorry you felt this way, at first when we came across in the chat and DSB, I liked you a lot, you are funny, and seems to be a rather intelligent young chap. I am not saying you are not now, it just seems that we are having many differences.

I had in the past deleted your posts, for the simple fact that some of your comment in your previous signature line is just not suitable for this site, if those lines were in the actual post contest, I would edit them instead of delete them, but I had no choice, because I cannot edit your signature lines.

And I had also in past apologize to you in person for action that I deemed that was over-reacting (eg/ http://64.226.43.136/forums/8114&page=1)

I am not a perfect person, but I believe in a code, that is if I am in someone else's turf, I will play by the rules, and this is Jim's place, and he made it so homey for 2000 some other people, you have to think seriously now or in the future, if you are in a large group, and you seems to be the one singled out, 90% of the time, you might need to improve yourself a little bit instead of blaming on old stuck up buttheads.

It's Life, Lifestyle.

And if this is your decision to not frequent this site, I hope you all the best lucks, and you can always come back if you want to.

Thanks, and it's been pleasure to knowing you.

Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 01:39 AM UTC
Right on Dave.
If this site can handle me, it should be tolerant for most normal people, no?

Andrew

Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 02:43 AM UTC
hey branden,
what's with the attitude here, i joke around just as bad as anyone. i do try to keep it neutral or poke fun at myself. flaming is not fun and mostly pisses people off. i have been a huge defender of you and even let you stay in DSB when everyone else wanted you out. now you want to leave and not stand up like a man and be counted, well thanks a lot. i see all my efforts of your behalf were wasted, do what you want. i am a forgiving man and wish you would change your attitude, and your mind. you seem intelligent to me and i wish you would use it in more constructive means.

Chris
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 03:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This sigth is definently not for me and i am done with it

Well everyone has an opinion, but this site is very definitely for me.

Why?

The chatroom---I've been blessed with making some "Internet friendships" that I value quite highly, ( I don't want to name folks, but they know).

Information---I have never posted a forum question, or asked something in a chat room and not gotten information and feedback that was useful and constructive.

Fun---absolutely----great pics of others modeling efforts, the DSB, topics on movies, ships, aircraft, space, figs---you name it.

Jim---no schmooze intended here--but this guy runs an absolutely fantastic site.

Conclusion: This place is definitely for me and I'm not going anywhere (sorry Obe).

However Lifestyle I sincerely wish you well in your future endeavours.

Steve aka WeWillHold
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 459 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 03:54 AM UTC
Amen to that Steve. I agree with everyone of your points whole heartedly.
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 05:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Conclusion: This place is definitely for me and I'm not going anywhere (sorry Obe).

However Lifestyle I sincerely wish you well in your future endeavours.

Steve aka WeWillHold

Damn, I was really hoping
Seriously, I like WWH and almost all of the other members of this site, it is like a very tight knit neighborhood. If you do not feel like you fit in, by all means, leave and stop making such a big Kuffuffal.

Andrew

lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 06:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

if you are in a large group, and you seems to be the one singled out, 90% of the time, you might need to improve yourself a little bit instead of blaming on old stuck up buttheads.

Or find another group
I am not mad at anyone I just dont fit into this group and hold grudges.
I meen seriously just because you dont cuss or are mature do you thinki it makes you better no it doesnt just more stuck up
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 06:39 AM UTC
Omg me and my friend are on the floor every nigth laughing at soom of the fools up in this joint that think im serious all thses things I say are to causes problems and reactions.
Do you really think im like this in real person hell no but it is the internet you can be whoever you want.
And im just tired of being mature so hey these people dont know me I can do as I please.
Andf all the while get a lagh out of it. At how serious some of you take it.
Some of you my say im sick but i call it medicine for the soul
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
Sorry for intruding your sigth and causing problems but it was fun.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 06:54 AM UTC
Well, looks like we got trolled. LOL. I was wondering why everyone was having such a huge problem with bees. It has warmed up enough that I have seen some hornets around my house but no bees yet.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 10:08 AM UTC
Keenan,
I'm affraid that was me (changing Bs to Bees). It sort of sounded like a Pooh post after that.

As in Winnie the...

:)

Jim
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,339 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 10:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Do you really think im like this in real person hell no but it is the internet you can be whoever you want

Lifestyle, its been my experiance that people "are" the same on the internet as they are in real life... Perhaps its best that you are on your way.. Untill I read your thread, I have not come across anyone that was anything but pleasant...But as I said, that was before reading your thread... All the best in your endevours..
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 10:35 AM UTC
I agree with mojo. It has been my experience that under the "cover" of the internet people's true colors really show. Be those colors good or bad.
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 396 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 02:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Seriously, I like WWH and almost all of the other members of this site, it is like a very tight knit neighborhood. If you do not feel like you fit in, by all means, leave and stop making such a big Kuffuffal.
Andrew

Amen.
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 939 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hmmph.

Good-bye turns into good-riddance as I read this thread...

Andy
 _GOTOTOP