_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
PICTURES, how do my 1/6 scale marines look?
Andrewss
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2003 - 08:23 AM UTC
Hey here is my kitbashed DML/21stcen 1/6 scale viet nam era figures... How do they look? Are they accurate and etc? Any comments or critisim? Ok thanks for looking.

I hope you like it, CLICK ON EACH PICTURE TO VIEW THE CAPTIONS, i gave EACH picture a caption that makes a nice little part 1 to a story. Hope you enjoy, feed back would be appreciated !

http://groups.msn.com/digitaldioramas/16vietnamphotos.msnw

Thanks!
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2003 - 08:39 AM UTC
Andrewss

I first make a clickable link for you so it`s a bit easier to view the pics
Andrewss marines

No let`s see what you have made............

*edit*
Lovely story dude And quite cool pics.. Who is the manufacturer of this stuff and the helo is also on 1:6 how big is the machine
Really cool Can`t wait on the next digital episode of this Vietnam saga
(long grass they have there #:-))

m:-)
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2003 - 08:57 AM UTC
as I said before,arent some of them gi-joes?or more accuratley,arent some of them made by sideshow toy?I know the m-60 guy is...... looks good to me...I don't like the stay tuned part tho,I'm so dern impatient hehehe just kidding
SniperSoldier
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,638 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2003 - 03:22 PM UTC
EXCELLENT WORK
ROBERTO
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2003 - 05:48 PM UTC
Most entertaining and quite imaginative. Only question...Where are all their helmets? Only one? Liked the cigarettes in the band. Where did you get it. I have a couple of these guys, mainly the collectable Germans, but I did find some of the Viet-Nam era uniforms from the ultimate warrior series and use those on GI Joes
Andrewss
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 12:05 AM UTC
Ok guys, NONE of those figures are GI-Joe, the m-60 guy and the russel crowe (sarge) figure are made by Dragon (DML) The other 3 figures are 21st century toys Ultimate soldier figures, i kitbashed DML uniforms and web gear (pouches) onto them plus the guns and helmets, and used 21st century H harnesses... etc the Loach helicopter is made by 21st century, its like 3 1/2 feet long, ok hope that answers your questions!

Part 2 is coming soon
Andrewss
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 07:37 AM UTC
here go to this site to get more info on these figures, theres lots of stuff on this site, lots of picture stories like mine too! http://members.tripod.com/~ultimate_soldier/index.html
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 08:17 AM UTC
Nice Pictures and Story Andrew.
This looks like something for the Junk Drawer forum though.

Andrew

Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 08:19 AM UTC
hi andrewss,
good job. gives me ideas of what to do with some of my German SS Grenadieres. keep up the good work.

Chris Porky's Cousin
Andrewss
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 09:15 AM UTC
junk huh? lol
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 11:39 AM UTC
Junk DRAWER
Seriously though, very creative, nice pics, the scenery is quite realistic.

Andrew

basturk
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 212 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 01:57 PM UTC
Those are dolls...........cant be considered as figures/models in my opinion.
Andrewss
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2003 - 02:54 AM UTC
they are ACTION FIGURES lol its your opinion...
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 285 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2003 - 06:33 AM UTC
they are ACTION FIGURES lol its your opinion...

Nice reportage and scenery playing but Andrewss this is if I am correcte a modelers site not action figures it will be a great if you did that one with models figures any sice
ISN'T IT
SniperSoldier
EXCELLENT WORK
ROBERTO
Do you need to say that to every time
Groetjes an Barbie

modelnut4
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2003 - 06:51 AM UTC
Good job Andrew, our budding director, quible all you want about toys, action figures, or what have you, it shows imagination and creativity to spend the time and money and develop a concept that far.

Having been there, too much clothing, not enough helmets. They were heavy, made your neck ache after hours of constant wear, but if you were in the blue, you wore your pot.

Ok lets see some more
dioman
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 485 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 06:50 AM UTC
If some of the people opened their minds and broadened their horizons they would see that the people who collect these "dolls" as they call them and say there is no place for them on a site for modellers....are very good modellers indeed!!!
Being the proud owner of my 1st Action Figure (DML's Liam Canadian WWII soldier) I have been searching web sites that cater to them....these guys do some pretty amazing modelling to improve on the stock figures....they also do a lot of kit bashing to get the look they want....I paid over $80 Cdn for mine and at that price I won't be doing a lot of kit bashing but these guys go crazy with it!!! Must be some pretty deep pockets out there in this "doll" world as the closed minded would call it.
Just my opinion....and my opinion on this is....very nice work
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 06:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If some of the people opened their minds and broadened their horizons they would see that the people who collect these "dolls" as they call them and say there is no place for them on a site for modellers....are very good modellers indeed!!!
Being the proud owner of my 1st Action Figure (DML's Liam Canadian WWII soldier) I have been searching web sites that cater to them....these guys do some pretty amazing modelling to improve on the stock figures....they also do a lot of kit bashing to get the look they want....I paid over $80 Cdn for mine and at that price I won't be doing a lot of kit bashing but these guys go crazy with it!!! Must be some pretty deep pockets out there in this "doll" world as the closed minded would call it.
Just my opinion....and my opinion on this is....very nice work

Agree, Dio. I have those dolls too, although I make fun of them all the times in the chat. Besides Andrewss had done some dio work here, so I think you can consider it modelling.

70 years ago modelling is like you do your own woodjob thingy, so we need to be more open up for more ideas...

Andrewss I think it's nice, I like the story....

dioman
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 07:03 AM UTC
Yes Dave...that reminds me of a few of the old guys in our local IPMS club that still look down at models made of plastic as not really being models.....because they still have kits that consisted of blocks of wood and some templates...Dragon has pretty much stopped production on plastic kits because the "dolls" are where it's at right now....maybe the new way to go??? Who knows....and it all comes down to personal preference but as my Dad used to say...."If you can't say something nice....don't say anything at all".....some people on these forums need to pay heed to that....we're here to encourage...not discourage!!!
Andrewss
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 01:14 PM UTC
thanks for being so supportive, I like any feed back. hey i hope to get my part 2 done here soon so sit tight lol
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 11:50 PM UTC
You did make a nice scenario there but you have then to think about the modelisme question there.
It is not discouraging to give an meaning ( an opinion ) about the question modelisme. Not saying anything is discouraging learn that one.
I do not see a Action figure as a model you buy it ready it might coost a lot of money, fine it is also a hobby no problem but I see modelisme as somthing that you build, paint and what about RC MODELS some people think that it is no modelsime look at this

http://www.rlm.at/start_e.htm?archiv_e.htm&1

If you build something in any scale then you are from my meaning a MODELLER
Then, what is someone who only buy ready models a COLLECTOR or a MODELLER so this is how i see your hobby a collector and that there are no site on the web SORRY, may be you can start one hoe knows might be a succes.
Any way as i said it was a nice scenario keep on the nice work
dioman
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 04:41 AM UTC
RIMA...obviously you have never done a search for modelling sites that cater to the guys who collect these 1/6th scale action figures....if you had you would realize that they are indeed very talented modellers....they do stuff to their figures I have never thought of doing on my figures but will now....once again modelling techniques have crossed genres if you can just open up your mind long enough to see it.
Andrewss has said many times in his threads that these figures weren't bought as is yet you continue to suggest that he just bought them and posed them in the picture....wake up...this is the modelling of the future!!!
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 08:13 AM UTC
RIMA...obviously you have never done a search for modelling sites that cater to the guys who collect these 1/6th scale action figures....if you had you would realize that they are indeed very talented modellers....they do stuff to their figures I have never thought of doing on my figures but will now....once again modelling techniques have crossed genres if you can just open up your mind long enough to see it.
Andrewss has said many times in his threads that these figures weren't bought as is yet you continue to suggest that he just bought them and posed them in the picture....wake up...this is the modelling of the future!!!

Concerning the resurch
go to this site :http://darkfigures.com/sidshowtoypl.html
you can not say things you do not know about people as i said it is my MEANING, respect it as I respect yours so chill out
you said

they do stuff to their figures I have never thought of doing on my figures but will now.

Might be nice to send then to send pictures show the modelers with another meaning about 1/6 figures

you said

Andrewss has said many times in his threads that these figures weren't bought as is yet you continue to suggest that he just bought them and posed them in the picture

I didn't spoke over Andrew i said
but I do not see a Action figure as a model you buy it ready it might coost a lot of money, fine it is also a hobby no problem
The reason let see what the sales write on the site
These 12 inch, highly articulated figures come with authentic military Vietnam-Era gear as seen in the film. Each figure is individually packed with a full color box, a reprint of the theatrical poster and cast list

If you see the site you might understand my meaning.
What andrews made is good chek out my replys

And finaly i am open minded what do you think about RC models is it modeling for your opinion or not see my latest reply i found the Stuka F...king great but lote of modelers do not accept RC as modeling. So understand the frustration if i see ( my opinion ) this

i find it very nice action figures or exclusieve GI Joes

And if this is gone be the '' this is the modelling of the future!!! ''
then i will know enough
Andrewss
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 08:34 AM UTC
i think that a model can be whatever floats your boat... i dont wanna make the modeling word mean less but i believe that my 1/6 figures are models, i work on mine like you guys do... i have taken a needle and poked the faces where mustachess are and then wipe black paint of the holes to make stubble... i mean i do customize them i paint there faces with camo sometimes, i buy individual parts and gear to make my figures superior to stock figures and to make them custom to my taste... i mean to say that they arnt models is your opinion but i believe that the correct thing is to have that opinion pending because I in fact make mine to my taste, i dont always go out and buy one out of the box, thats a different story. for my vietnam squad i first started out with a nude figure bought a uniform and then etc, although my m-60 guy and the Sgt guy are basically! stock figures the rest are custom. So anyway plz do make this a big deal please :-)
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2003 - 08:40 AM UTC
As i said goed job there
 _GOTOTOP