_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Japanese Tanks?
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2002 - 02:07 AM UTC
I noticed a "new" release by Tamiya of the Japanese type 1 75mm SPG. Is this kit "new" or just a re-release? I've never seen it before. Looks like a cool vehicle and subject matter...
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2002 - 06:58 AM UTC
I believe this is based on the Type 97 chassis with a new superstructure added. I believe this kit was updated from it's first version and the SP is based on the redone chassis.
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2002 - 11:31 PM UTC
Hi Kencelot,
The Tamiya kit your refering too is a rerelease,Tamiya put out three versions of the Type 97,two being of the different turrets and gun calibers and the SPG you have,they are old Tamiya but still nice and the only WW2 Japanese armor other than the pricey Fine Molds offerings. Happy Modelling
modelmaniac
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2002 - 11:37 PM UTC
Ken - I could just kick myself - yesterday at the Hobby Shop I noticed a new (and THICK) reference book on Japanese Tanks from WW II done by a Polish Author. This is the book you were looking for a couple of week backs. It is deep reference on colors, schemes, and equipment.

I passed it up because I'm not really interested in Japanese stuff from WW II, but thought of the previous threads on the way home. The store closed when I returned At $22 dollars, it looks like a rare bargain. I'll try to get my hands on it and let you know more...

Gunnie
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 10:46 AM UTC
Gunnie, that would be super dynomite!!! :-)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2002 - 07:09 AM UTC
Ken - I hauled tail back to the hobby shop today and grabbed the next to last one there! It was worth the trip!

ISBN 83-7237-097-4 Tank Power #9 - Japanese Armor, Vol. 1. AJ Press $22.95 local retail.

The book is 120 pages of black & white, color drawings & color WW II photos inside the cover, and 1:35 scale line drawings, technical specifications and historical use, softbound cover. Text is in Polish and English. This volume covers tanks and armored cars - I never knew the Japanese had so many. It's an awesome bargain for all the detail included in it - you would not be disappointed!

Gunnie
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2002 - 08:37 AM UTC
Thanks so much , Gunnie! I just order it from Borders Books...I'll have it next week. :-)

Now, if I could just find that post I made for my bro...
 _GOTOTOP