_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiya Cromwell IV
mclen69
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2008 - 11:33 PM UTC
Hello all, just a few pics of my Cromwell IV. Built straight OOB, this was a really nice build, being my first 1/35 since getting back into the hobby. I think I need to practice my weathering, used Mig pigments, Mig resin and sculptamold for the mud effect. The mud does seem to be a bit shiny. Planning to put the Cromwell in a dio with Miniart's Normandy City building and Tamiya's British patrol set, in a urban/rural setting. Look forward to reading some comments.
footsie
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 305 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 01:06 PM UTC
i think the only thing i would do is to put a pin wash around some of the detail, other than that its pretty good , as for the mud it looks like wet mud on top of dry mud which seems to work well. good job
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 05:11 PM UTC
Hi Mel,

The Cromwell is a nice build. As already stated some pin washes around the small fittings would be good. If you have some Mig Filters P245 Brown for Dark Green that will help tone the kit down and blend the paint work together.

You have a nice quanity of mud but if you look at the track tops they are clean as is the inside. Humbrol matt 70 is a good base for the tracks and then you can build up or down the colour you want. These were steel tracks so this would show through with wear. On the mud front try and add a variety of colours you can use you Mig pigments to achieve this.

You have the main build done so you can play aroud with the finish as much as you want.

I assume the pics were taken with a flash so the colour will look different in camera. Once you're done experimenting try and get some natural light shots, the difference will be striking.

Hope this helps

Al
 _GOTOTOP