_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Possible future site outage
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 02:52 AM UTC
As I am having to make some actual DNS changes (this means our address on the internet is changing - but not our domain name). So it's possible as this change gets replicated out to all the DNS name servers across the net that some will have the new data and some will have the old. Since this site works off of my old company account and that domain also had to be changed then that adds a whole extra wrinkle to this process.

Okay...enough techie talk. If the site stops working for some of you in the next 48hrs it's not completely unexpected. Hopefully though it will be a short time.

Cheers,
Jim
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 03:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As I am having to make some actual DNS changes (this means our address on the internet is changing - but not our domain name). So it's possible as this change gets replicated out to all the DNS name servers across the net that some will have the new data and some will have the old. Since this site works off of my old company account and that domain also had to be changed then that adds a whole extra wrinkle to this process.

Wow!!! I have enough trouble making sure I get the right numbered parts off the sprue when building, getting my shoes on the right feet, and a few other things that I probably shouldn't share!!!

Jim---you are "Da Man"----hope all goes well for you during this transition.

Steve aka WeWillHold

ps: I still maintain this is the best site on the web.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 03:09 AM UTC
Thanks for this warning Jim

We`ll see about that... ehhmmm have I got everything.. Survival pack. Tent, Food for 48 hours.... Valium for 48 hours...

#:-) #:-)

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 05:23 AM UTC
Thanks guys.

I am already seeing a DNS problem here at work. For instance at home the site was already coming up correctly (no IP address above), but at work it won't resolve at all now.

Everyone might want to grab this IP address and create a link for it. That way you should be able to reach the site no matter what.

http://64.226.43.136

Cheers,
Jim
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 07:38 AM UTC
Hi,

At this time for me the IP address is working but, the domain name is not.

_GOTOTOP