Schwere Panzersphawagens
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,049 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 07:58 PM UTC
Xmas wargaming vehicle production.

Finished 1/72nd Schwerer Panzerspähwagens, 234/1s, 234/3s and 234/4 from Hasegawa with an Italeri 250/3 providing command and co-ordination support.

The 234/1s have Part Hangelafette mesh and brass 2.0cm barrels from Milicast.
The 234/3s are out of the box
The 234/4 is a conversion using Hasegawa 234/3 chassis and a 7.5cm Pak40 from the Hasegawa 251/22 kit.

The 250/3 took a bit more work. Base Italeri kit but has Hasegawa 251 tracks (too wide but almost un-noticable), Fujimi 251 front wheels, Dragon MG and Shield, OKB mg belt, Part Starr antena, scratched engine sump guard and radio headphone set and leads.

All vehicles have width indicators replaced by brass rod and the crews are all AB. An Army unit (generic for wargaming) and finished these with minimal chipping as per the customers request. Did manage to sneak some in on the insides and underneath the hulls though. Probably a few too many pics ..... but who cares ;D

cheers
Brent

c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 09:00 PM UTC
Never too many pics of your work, Brent! Each one of your wargaming sets is looking better, which I didn't think would be possible. Outstanding work, very impressive
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 10:26 PM UTC
Fantastic work, Brent! Does it hurt when you have to pass on these beauties to a customer after all the time you used on them?

Excellent work - thanks for sharing
guygantic
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 7,084 posts
Armorama: 970 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 09:34 AM UTC
I M P R E S S I V E !!! Just stunning seen in such group ! G.
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 10:55 AM UTC
Very impressive!!

I have just picked up the Roden Puma and Schwerer Panzerspähwagen kits. I hope they turn out as nice as the ones you have built.

Cheers

Mike
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 02:34 PM UTC
Brent,

Fantastic!!! That first pic did it for me, what a rush . . . WAY TO COOL! The combination of figures with vehicles together riding down a slop looks like something right out of a book or movie.

Super job on the builds and super job on the pics you chose for all of us out here on the internet to view. What a treat! This is modeling at it's best!

-Eddy
tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 09:02 AM UTC
Hi Brent,

Great job! It's always a pleasure to look at your pics.
Keep posting!

Jeeprider
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 114 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 04:48 AM UTC
Only just spotted these beauties, they are fantastic. Can I ask what you used for the grass in the first few pictures?

Thanks

Andy
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
Armorama: 564 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 07:18 AM UTC
I have to agree with the consensus. They look great. I am sure your customer will be pleased.
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 07:35 AM UTC
Nice to see you're staying busy Brent, a fine collection to be sure.
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 03:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Only just spotted these beauties, they are fantastic. Can I ask what you used for the grass in the first few pictures?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

Its Teddy Bear fur. Trimmed and dyed ......... did a couple of pieces as a test before getting a big table sized piece. I've been using the small ones to take a few shots of my stuff "in-situ" as a break from all the studio shots ......

And thanks for all the comments guys. The bench is always full, amongst other things coming up are some more 1/48th vehicles (2x Skybow kate Tigers, 2x Bandai Wespes and 1x Bandai Maultier) and in 20mm are some Normandy German PzIVs and 251s and more '43 winter Germans ........

(Plus gotta squeeze in a build of the Trumpy Famo and Trailer with a Dragon Stug as load)

cheers
Brent
Jeeprider
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 10:59 PM UTC
Brent,

Thanks for the reply. Can I be really dumb and ask what is Teddy Bear fur and how you dyed it and what you used?

It does look very realistic.

Thanks again.

Andy
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 11:45 AM UTC
A quick question if I may;

Where can I get the Part anti-grenade screens from. Been looking but no luck as yet. Is the PE set OOP?

Cheers and thanks

Mike
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,208 posts
Armorama: 2,152 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 11:18 PM UTC
I've always written off these wargaming kits, but man are these impressive, having a whole squad of them together looks way cool, and you've finished them amazingly for the scale.

Hats off to you Brent!

James
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 11:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Brent,

Thanks for the reply. Can I be really dumb and ask what is Teddy Bear fur and how you dyed it and what you used?
It does look very realistic.

Thanks again.
Andy

Hi Andy,

Its basically Faux fur used to make Teddy bears out of. Most big craft or fabric stores should have it or be able to get it. It comes in different colours and grades. Al few wargaming guys are using it as covering across the whole table and in my opinion its about the best looking grass base u can get for gaming.

I mixed up some poster paints with some old Tamiyas until i got the colour I was after then dyed it in a bucket. Make the colour darker than u want as it both drys lighter and loses some colour when you wring the excess paint out of it.

Quoted Text

A quick question if I may;

Where can I get the Part anti-grenade screens from. Been looking but no luck as yet. Is the PE set OOP?
Cheers and thanks
Mike

Hi Mike,

Yup one is an old screen and the other is from MR-Models which I got from Tracks n Troops. Sorry I should have mentioned both makes and the supplier.

cheers
Brent
biffa
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 881 posts
Armorama: 826 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 06:32 AM UTC
I love your work Brent amazing what you can do with this small scale , very cool indeed.

Ron.
BornToDig
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 09:22 AM UTC
Nice job Brent.

That first picture is splendid. Might be worth it to photoshop in a sky background and set it up as a cover-page for your website. Could be a real attention getter for your customers
Jeeprider
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 09:22 PM UTC
Brent,

Thank you for the explanation of the teddy bear fur and the method of dying it. I will look for for some in a craft shop.

Andy
 _GOTOTOP