_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Silly question...
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 07:24 AM UTC
Are www.armorama.com and http://64.226.43.136 the same thing (I mean the new site on the new server) or the first is unavailable due to DNS upgrading (or other reasons) and the second is the old one?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 05:20 PM UTC
I am afraid Interland and I are playing musical DNS servers. First this site was set to point to our old IP address. Then I changed it to the new IP. They (in the mean time) decided to start serving the site from their own DNS server (as the authoritive server). DirectNic is my authoritive DNS! Since they set this up for free (there is normally a charge) I decided to go ahead and have them serve the DNS so I reset Armorama to the DNS servers indicated on their support site. I was then informed those were the wrong servers, but that they would change them to those servers. After a day or so of the site not resolving I figured they had not done this so I changed them myself. In the meantime they had propagated the DNS and it was working. But then DirectNic (the authoritive DNS) indicated that the other (wrong) set of name servers were correct (for which the site wasn't set up on) and then all the domain resolution came to a halt. Tonight I have reset the DNS info at DirectNic to the correct DNS servers at Interland. Whew.... I bet you're glad you asked.

Jim
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 07:25 PM UTC
It is still loading slower than crap for me, Jim, probably work itself out in time, but I thought I would chime in. You ready for the abrams pics yet? hehe

Rob
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 07:42 PM UTC
Hi,

For me here only the IP address is working, the domain name it's not.

The text from the pages it's loading fast but all images - avatars, ribbons, buttons and so - load very slow, so I'm able to read the page but the images are still loading.

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 11:23 PM UTC
The only "problem" I've noted is the banner ads at the top. The long ones at the upper right hand corner, the long one above the first post on a page, and the long one centered at the bottom of the page. Not really a problem for me, and I use dial-up.
 _GOTOTOP