_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Shot Kal - AFV-SabIngaMartin
SabIngaMartin
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 171 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 09:58 AM UTC
Dear Modelers,
A totally new Shot Kal from AFV will be available very soon. This is additional result from the Collaboration between SabIngaMartin Publication and AFV Club. I know that you all wait for it for years and the dream came true, after hard work in last months the beast is ready.
New era in IDF modeling.
Robert Manasherob
SabIngaMartin

javascript:PasteSmiley('==)')
Nagman
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 10:50 AM UTC
Still waiting to get hold of my copy of the first AFV Club Centurion, can't wait to start building it, the photo shots of the new one look great, will have to get one on order for when it is released, seems a waste at the moment to start on my Legends Centurion converstion.

What was the title of your book on the Centurion, is it still available, as i collect any book relevant to IDF armour.

SabIngaMartin
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 03:36 PM UTC
Dear Martin (I like the name),
Yes the kit is great, of course all plastic Shot Kal (only the stretcher is from resin).

About my books, the first one was Cruel and Wild Cats on IDF tank based APC’s Achzarit and PUMA (I dont think you can find it), the second one is Lioness and Lion of the Line on the Sherman M50 and M51. The third one will be out soon and the name will be announced soon.
Robert Manasherob
SabIngaMartin
javascript:PasteSmiley('&:)')
steelrudi
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 243 posts
Armorama: 104 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 04:18 PM UTC
Looks like an SADF Olifant to me. Missing the right air cleaners, and turret bustle, and a few other minor bits, but it could be an olifant!
SabIngaMartin
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 04:33 PM UTC
Dear Ray,
The photo I sent is not fully build tank, I only sent to show the engine deck.
Its full israeli Shot Kal of the 1970+.
Robert Manasherob
SabIngaMartin
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 08:34 PM UTC
The engine deck looks a bit like resin, is it resin or plastic?

Cheers,

Christophe
SabIngaMartin
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 09:00 PM UTC
As I mention before, the whole kit is plastic except one part the - stretcher on the rear that is from resin.
The plastic that used for the test tree productions was grey green thus its looks like a resin.
Robert Manasherob
SabIngaMartin
stephane
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 09:59 PM UTC
Hi Robert
That's excellent news, i'll get at least 2 kits to build a shot and to scratchbuild a nagmashot!
Thanks for your work in modelling community.
Regards
Stéphane
SabIngaMartin
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 07:44 PM UTC
Dear Stephane,
Thank you for your nice words, I will push more IDF staff to the plastic market.
Since people have some problem with the plastic color of the first photo, i sent more in the green color plastic take a photo represent part of the tree itself.
enjoy
Robert Manasherob
SabIngaMartin

Shermaniac
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 06:16 AM UTC
Hi Robert, it's Great that we're actually going to get the 1973 version, at some stage.

Is there going to be scope to produce some of the IDF APC variants through the AFV Club?

IDF stuff is imaginative and resourceful making best use of what is available and has such scope to provide an unending supply of kits to modellers who can't/won't afford/use resin.

Here's hoping!
Ellevenbravo
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 269 posts
Armorama: 261 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 02:23 PM UTC
Any idea whether or not the mantlet will be covered? I find it very annoying that AFV does not provide this within the kit since the number of Centurions that had a bare mantlet are minimal. I don't think I have ever seen an Israeli Centurion that had a bare mantlet.

I refuse to spend money on a model just to have to purchase additional aftermarket components that should have been included within the orginal kit.
SabIngaMartin
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 07:23 PM UTC
dear Alan,
first of all it will be very soon.
It is very logic to make the APC variants too, I can not say yet if yes and when.
I totally agree with you that more IDF staff in plastic need for the most "regular" modelers that as you say "who can't/won't afford/use resin".

to Ellevenbravo
First i wish you use your real name too at least the first one.
Secondly, I also as a modeler totally agree with you. I try very hard to change AFV thinking about the mantlet cover but failed, I even suggest 2 covers instead of one in each box. This is AVF business and technical calculations and I can not force them on it, but I hope to solve the mantlet covers problem in the future. from other side dont forget that in 35 dollars you are getting the most acurate centurion kit, and in this case you get full totally Shot Kal, that if you want to builed before you pay 100+ dollars for resin kit or 50+ dollars for conversion, that was without decals, (here it comes with 4 most accurate researched decal options too).
Robert Manasherob
SabIngaMartin Publication
javascript:PasteSmiley('[ujavascript:PasteSmiley('C|:-)')rl]http://put.url.here[/url]')

http://put.url.here
gk11
Visit this Community
Haifa, Israel
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 09:43 PM UTC
its very nice to see new kit on IDF subject.

I hope they'll continue through to the "Shot Gimel", on to the APC varients.

Do you plan to do a book to go along with this models?

BTW
I just heard that the long waited Sherman book is finally out.
Do you have any israeli retailer for it? or should I'll buy it abroad?

didi,
www.degem.net
SabIngaMartin
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 07:00 PM UTC
Dear Didi,
1) If you look on the photo I sent of the engine deck on the tree, you will notice that the ribs on the sides are need to be attach (separate parts), this done since as you hope there will be ones of the later marks that at this area need different parts (as you know).
2) I am not doing books according to models but according of my research interests.
3) Yes the Lioness and Lions of the Line on early M50/M51 IDF Shermans was published in last September. From my side the book is long time sold out, I keep some for myself. No there will be no seller in Israel, in most places it is sold out but I think Sprue Brothers Models still have some copies.
4) Please tell to my old friend Nissim T, to contact me since I was unable to contact him.

steelrudi
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 03:12 AM UTC
I realize that it isn't a full build. But when I see a Centurion, I always see it's inner Olifant.
SabIngaMartin
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 - 06:08 AM UTC
dear ray,
If you like Olifants than you must have the Cromwel one, looks very good. Also their Shot based eng. APC's.
Robert Manasherob
SabIngaMartin
gitboy
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 - 07:50 AM UTC
As a matter of fact I do have the Crowell Olifant. Wonderful kit. I am planning on buying more in the future. I also have some Baxmod conversions for the Olifant. I am gearing up to do a Tamiya 1/25 Centurion into an Olifant also. That is going to be a major project.
steelrudi
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 - 07:55 AM UTC
Sorry the above is me. My son didn't log off.
simoncheers
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 - 08:22 AM UTC
By the looks of it we are going to get a Shot great. Hopefully a 1973 / 1976 and a 1982 model.

If you want pics http://idfmodelling.free.fr/refvehicle.html

The Puma Nagmacho Nakpadon may be a long wait as AFV will have do a lot of work on the running gear.

gk11
Visit this Community
Haifa, Israel
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 09:39 AM UTC
1) I see that it is designed also for the other variants, but probably only if this one will end as a hit we would see the other. Economic at its best .
2) Thought you helped them with the research.
3) Ordered one from Sprue Brothers Models, saw that they have 16 copies, not a lot for a book that published 4 month ago.
4) OK, hope to talk to him soon.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 09:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

1) If you look on the photo I sent of the engine deck on the tree, you will notice that the ribs on the sides are need to be attach (separate parts), this done since as you hope there will be ones of the later marks that at this area need different parts (as you know).

The second photo (the parts on the sprue) is not showing up for me, but in the first one, it sure looks as if the outboard louver panels have a separate part where in later variants, the external exhaust will go. is this the plan? If so, I'm happy about it.

" If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest of freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek not your council, nor your arms".

Samuel Adams
SabIngaMartin
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 03:40 PM UTC
Dear Didi and Bravo,
Yes I help them a lot including the research.
There will be more, i know (since I am working on that), and you right that its depend on selling but Shot kal is going to be one of the best sellers of AFV since people wait to plastic kit of it 30 years!!!!
Yes, there are empty area in side louver panels for future raised exo. parts of late type Shots.
i am sure you will like the book, yes its sold out, they still have some copies since they not adv. that. Very soon it will became harder to find it than the "Wild and Cruel Cats".
Didi I hope you like the cover of the Shot Kal on the box and its markings.
Robert Manasherob
SabIngaMartin
juljon
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 - 10:32 AM UTC
Hi Robert,

Fantastic news about the Shot Kal 1973 model from AFV Club, any chance you can persuade them to produce the Merkava 2D, 3D, IV, Magach 7C and Achzarit in 1/35th scale? It is about time we had some IDF armour. Also will there be a Shot Kal Gimel and a Puma?

Look forward to hearing from you in due course.
Juljon
SabIngaMartin
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 06:20 AM UTC
dear Julian,
Thanks for your nice words. I can not enter too much to details but we will see more Israeli staff from AFV (I am working on that).
Yes Shot Kal Gimel will be follow soon as well at least another other Israeli Centurion (its takes its shape on my bench this days).
Robert Manasherob
SabIngaMartin
baz13b
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 38 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 - 04:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

dear Julian,
Thanks for your nice words. I can not enter too much to details but we will see more Israeli staff from AFV (I am working on that).
Yes Shot Kal Gimel will be follow soon as well at least another other Israeli Centurion (its takes its shape on my bench this days).
Robert Manasherob
SabIngaMartin

Hi Robert,
Any chance of AFV coming up with the Merkavas? Esp the Mk 3D & Mk 4.

Cheers!
Brandon
 _GOTOTOP