_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Mini-Campaign
Breakthrough RammTiger
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 - 01:19 PM UTC
Alright folks! This is it; the OFFICIAL Ramm Tiger "Mini-campaign" thread! It's on!

THE inaugural Mini-Campaign is here. Please see the Campaign rules/regs here for more specifics and to sign up on the "dotted line."

Also, please see this thread for some kit options and what'll you'll need for this build. Feel free to contact William or myself for the "plans."

Mike
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 10:00 AM UTC
For a quickie on what may be needed:

For scratch building the ram part in 1/35th, you'll need one sheet each of 3.00mm (0.120"), 1.50mm (0.060"), and 1.00mm (0.040") styrene.

It looks like the majority of the builds were based on the Italeri Elefant (based on when the original conversion was made?), but I'm inclinded to think any Elefant or Tiger VI (P) will work. I'll more than likely end up using my Dragon (#6210) Tiger VI (P)......

Mike

p.s. Just need a set of AM indy links............
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 11:15 AM UTC
I believe the Italeri Elephant kit can be picked up quite cheaply, it seems a shame to use one of the Dragon (#6210) Tiger VI (P) kits when the finished item will not show any of the original detail. Just a suggestion to save you some money but its up to you as you can get one here http://www.sbmodels.net/Italeri.html for less the half the cost of the Dragon kit.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 11:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I believe the Italeri Elephant kit can be picked up quite cheaply, it seems a shame to use one of the Dragon (#6210) Tiger VI (P) kits when the finished item will not show any of the original detail. Just a suggestion to save you some money but its up to you as you can get one here http://www.sbmodels.net/Italeri.html for less the half the cost of the Dragon kit.

Yea...but, I got the Dragon kit for less than $20 with another purchase. So...I'll use it...save my "duckies" for my Moss 500 Tac.....which I'll be getting on the 2nd!
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 10:20 PM UTC
Mike, if you need cheap and good indy links, I'll recommend HobbyBoss Elefant tracks. They are cheap and while some work is needed to get them ready (cutting from sprue and cleaning up), they turn out great. Plus, they fit the Italeri Elefant dead on.

Shame on you for calling Italeri cheap, see what I could do with a 40+ year old kit, you have to approach with love

Still in progress, of course. It has the mentioned HobbyBoss tracks on, with self-made zimmerit, hope it helps for any one seeking AM track links. The Italeri vinyls are horrible, avoid them at all costs!
CmdrCody
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 01:34 AM UTC
I picked up the Cromwell Models conversion a couple of years ago and started searching for references on the Ramm Tiger. There is little to none out there. Below is a profile someone sent me along with some text reference. I'll dig it out and share along with what I have in my personal books. I always thought this was a very interesting vehicle. Don M

TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 02:07 AM UTC
Thanks Don, appreciate the images....anything you have that can be shared would be kool. I have all the components I need now....looking forward to starting.

Mike
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 02:45 AM UTC
Interesting pictures, Don. it will be very inspiring to follow the campaign and see what people come up with.

Thanks for sharing
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 03:39 AM UTC
Though I'm sure it was not/would not have been correct, but regardless, I'm contemplating adding "home made" zimmy to the RammTiger shell. Should be/could be interesting. I'll be using Ronnie's tutuorial linked here. I'll be ordering some of the Kneadatite "GREEN STUFF" epoxy from a guy on eBay....comes to about $17.00 shipped to the house.

Mike
CmdrCody
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 - 05:59 AM UTC
I found another drawing on my old computer. I thought all the text I had saved on my old computer was still there, but I have yet to find it. I have done some comparing of reference books about the Ramm Tiger, I'll post my findings later. Don M.

spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2008 - 09:36 AM UTC
There's a cheap vacuform set if anybody's interested for the Ramtiger.
http://www.airmodel.de/shope/shope.html?d_AM_553_Rammtiger238.htm

I however am looking for the 1/35 plans someone sent me long-long time ago, and can't find them. Would anyone please send them to me again?
Philippus
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 182 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2008 - 03:51 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

I have enlisted in this one! I have never scratched any thing before but I will give it a try!

Think I will do it in 1:72 Scale

Thanks,
Phil.
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 11:29 AM UTC
Welcome aboard
Philippus
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 182 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 12:09 AM UTC
Thanks Darren,

I think I have all the bits I need now. I am using the Italeri 1:72 Elefant kit and I just recieved a load of sheet plastic.

I have managed to scale the plans down to 1:72. I am also in the middle of making a 3D model in CAD.

The only thing I have noticed is that the machinegun and drivers vision port is that of a tiger and not the Elefant.

Thanks,
Phil.
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 1,148 posts
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2008 - 02:20 PM UTC
Ok gents,

Gallery space has been set up for your kickoff.
moose421
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 46 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 09:53 AM UTC
Thanks Mike for the plans. I am in. Also found the magazine that has the rammtiger article in it. Big help. I will be using a elephant or bergetiger (p) in 1/35 scale.
This will be my first campaign in this forum. Have done others in a different forum.
Kim
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 01:46 PM UTC
Welcome to the Campaign Kim! Looking forward to your build!

Mike
moose421
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 02:33 PM UTC
Well, I finally got my Tiger (p). Also the styene card stock came as well. Building will commence on my Rammtiger this long weekend. I am just finishing up on a previous build. I plan on making a version that would be on a production unit. Like adding commander vison ports and access points to the driveline.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 03:49 PM UTC
Likewise....got the Tiger (P) and card stock...now to finish my Deora and A-40...once that's done, it's RammKitty time!

Mike
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 03:55 PM UTC
Donor kit is cut down most of the main body is assembled, but then I have had 5 days of uninterrupted peace to get on with it, should be finished in about 3 weeks at this rate. I hope you like the alterations!
moose421
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 07:32 AM UTC
Here is an progress report of my build. First pics show the basic construction of the ramm hood. Also shown is the extension of the turret ring. I based my build on the Tiger (P). figured with that hull something had to be done with the turret opening.

Sceond series of pics show the support structure for the hood. Also I added an engine access hatch in the top of the hood. Figured that lifting the entire hood was to complex of a job for the field. Also added to the turret extension is a set of doors. Crew has to enter somehow. Next up is building an armored coupla. I think that a commander would like to see and direct the vehicle in more than the foward direction.

TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 08:42 AM UTC
Kim,

Looking good! I really like the support structure you've put there....very nice and it just plain makes sense! I'm looking forward to seeing how the "replacement" turret-thing works out (I'm guessing that it's there as "support"?) and how the roof hatch-system pans out.

Still gotta finish my Deora and the A-40....once done, I'll start on the conversion.

Mike
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 09:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Donor kit is cut down most of the main body is assembled, but then I have had 5 days of uninterrupted peace to get on with it, should be finished in about 3 weeks at this rate. I hope you like the alterations!

Time for pictures Darren!! C'mon, let us see..........

Mike
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 07:21 PM UTC
I will get something up in the next few days however doing 12 nightshifts of 12 hours each doesn't leave a lot of time, it will give my game plan away though.
moose421
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 05:12 AM UTC
I have just posted an update of my rammtiger. It is under rammtiger wip.
 _GOTOTOP