Hosted by Darren Baker
How start all
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 08:53 AM UTC
Hello I want show us some photos from teh work that I start this weekend, will be a street with a chanel besides him. You can see how I start all hare recycled material :-) the House skeleton is from a fruit wooden box and the channel sides is cadapack (foam sandwiched among two carboards) from a sing from a congress. These sings give material for make a entire city :-) all houses are wood strips glued togheter and reinforced with newspaper. these structures will be covert with a texture as ussual: with cork.
hope that some will be inspired by this
Carlos

[
IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/blockhaus/canal2.jpg[/IMG]
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 09:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

These sings give material for make a entire city :-)

Bit slow tonight as I have the Flu so it took me a while to figure out sing = sign

This work is terrific I really like the different levels in it.
I look forward to seeing more of it
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 10:14 AM UTC
Carlos, another beautiful start to a wonderful project. I always like the addition of some kind of water be it a canal, pond, river etc. This always adds to the already diverse elements of a build.
I'm looking foward to more progress pics.
Glenn
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 03:17 AM UTC
Looks very ambitious - i like that i creates an enclosed space that forces the viewer to look at the dio from more angels to see whats goes on.

Cheers/Jan
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 04:18 AM UTC
Hi Carlos,

The two levels with the water inbetween will make a great scene. Where will it be situated? Netherlands, Brugge, Venise :-) ?

Another one to follow with great interest.

Cheers
Claude

blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / España
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 08:29 AM UTC
Thanks for your attention,

Pat, sometimes gremlins walk over keyboard...

Cheyenne , yes different levels is ( as you knows) ine of the basic rules, another is different textures and that inclination roof and general layout send the wiewer eye in the rigth direction as Jan says.:-)
Claude, I want show here some Normandy houses that I have discovered some web of old french postcards. Here you can see how looks before the war these little cities or towns of Normandy and Bretagne ,some of them have little chanels, but I not whant a specific city, this is only a excuse for make a scenario with differnet styles of houses, I not have a clear idea about what history occurs in this scenario, probably some civilians and some early years war allied vehicle...
I will post more photos soon

Carlos

BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 12:20 AM UTC
Carlos

I have been a fan of your work since my early days on armorama and your work is always an inspiration, it is good to see at last how the magician does his tricks !

This is going to be a masterclass I'm sure - please post more step by steps as your techniques have proven themselves time and time again.

look forward to more!

cheers
Jon
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 12:52 AM UTC
Great layout, nice curves and good balance in size. Another one to watch.
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 01:59 AM UTC
So, any updates Carlos ?

Looks perfect for early war french armor.

Cheers/Jan
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 05:27 AM UTC
Carlos, after rereading this post I have two questions.
One, any updates ?
Two, how do you plan on finishing the back [ cut away ] portions of the buildings ?
Glenn
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Armorama: 777 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 05:42 AM UTC
I missed your latest Carlos. Well you're on for a great start but something worries me aesthetically: see on your first picture. If that's the plan of your diorama i fear that on whatever angle people will look at it they will have to look at at least one bit of blank wall! It seems that no angle of the composition would be free of those cut out buildings..
what say you?

JB
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 05:58 AM UTC
Jean, I think that's what I was trying to say, l.o.l.
Depending on how Carlos plans on finishing the back portions, with interiors fine, without there is alot of dead space.
Carlos don't get me wrong I like the way this can turn out, all the elements are there for a beautiful build, the building backs just worry me.
Glenn
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 08:58 AM UTC
yes, and while a pure "Tunnel" view (only looking from a lower level over the water) could be really great, that would only work for photografy, but not with live spectators.

I am sure you have something in mind

Cheers
Claude
tommaso66
Visit this Community
Trieste, Italy
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 09:08 AM UTC
Very nice project Carlos.
Great layout
Looking forward to see it finished!!!

Tom
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / España
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 08:48 PM UTC
Hi !
Cheyenne, Claude, thanks for your comments, this is exactly that I want when I put this photos: a open debat. And I try explain me but rememer that my english is a bit limited, :-)thus please give all questions unanswered that you find in my response.

about updates, I do it as soon as possible, I´m involved now in some projects for other people and "canal project" is only for fun and for experimenation about point of wiew. Now I´m reconstructing the rigth house, afther a close examination I discover that first floor is more low that second floor.

I want show a escene that only can be seen from 3 points of wiew as a boxed escene, you can see that the street layout is a "Y" I´m thinking now in a "retreat scene" with some problem with a vehicle in the centre of the street and other vehicles sttoped. I want express the sense of traped: wather in the left, houses in the rigth ,enemy in the back and a barrier in front.

I´m now in the first stages of construction I put soon the photo of the new house in the rigth

cheers

cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 11:25 PM UTC
Carlos, I understand now. Used as a build for a photo shoot, this will come out beautiful.
Glenn
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 - 12:05 AM UTC
Very interesting,Carlos. Captivating as always,too.This will look awesome for a photo shoot from select angles. The 'small channels' really have my curiosity and I'm going to dig into the history of these as soon as I can. Please keep us up to date on this as your work always seems to be fun!
cheers!
 _GOTOTOP