Hosted by Darren Baker
Help.Leopard1A4 Aussie MBT
windage
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2003 - 07:34 PM UTC
Hi all, this is my first post on this great Site, so i am wondering if someone can assist in the following.
I have 2 Tamiya Leopards, 1A4, and have the Aussie made resin and etched frets to build an Australain MBT, but....I also drove the DOZER Tank in B Sqn, and I want to know if there are any aftermarket parts for the Leopard. Or do what I have not done on an Armour kit...scratch build a blade and bits, which will be hard {hey for me anyway}.
I have a Tamiya Dozer Blade Set for the US M-60 MT, but it is a totelly different shaped blade etc. So any help would be most appreciated. Who has the cheapest tamiya M-60 around, anyone know??
Looking forward to some fun, as I also drove every version of the M-113 series with Scopion and Saladin Turrets, and also before going to Leopards drove the last of the Aussie Centurions put italicized text here
I can be found on this email address for a while
[email protected]
Yeah the Halo because I was also in the SAS here in OZ...been around the traps a bit, was reserve Engineer before the Reg Army and after SAS with Reserve Commandos in Melbourne.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2003 - 03:49 AM UTC
Welcome windage. I know very little about the Leopard, but I just got the Osprey New Vanguard Leopard I book and will take a look and see if there are references of the dozer blade you speak of. Since you are down under, Hobby Link Japan (www.hlj.com) should have the cheapest Tamiya M60A1 kits around. I didn't know Tamiya made a dozer blade for the M60, I thought Academy and Verlinden were the two common ones.
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 831 posts
Armorama: 614 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2003 - 01:11 PM UTC
Hello Windage
The Leopard AS1 is similar in some respects to the Canadian Leopard C1, including the dozer. I've built quite a few leopards and suggest that the tamiya isn't really up to the task. the Italeri Leopard 1A4 is a better kit to start with. I have a set of Dozer drawings which I can send to you if you like. Send me your snail mail address via e-mail. Also check out the dozer tank at my link.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2003 - 01:21 PM UTC
Thanks for jumping in Paul, I'll bow out to the expert.
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 831 posts
Armorama: 614 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 12:15 AM UTC
Hi Rob
I seem to recall from my basic officer course many moons ago that an expert was defined as a has been (ex) and a drip under pressure (spert).
 _GOTOTOP