Hosted by Darren Baker
Humvee HELP Please.
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 681 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 07:23 PM UTC
I was trying to find, out what type of kits are available still that would help me out on Humvees that are being used in Iraq and Afaganstan. I know theres one for pro art but forgot what other types there are.

I appreciate the help in advance.

Happy Modeling
Tom
dropshot
Visit this Community
Provincia de Pontevedra, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 214 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 10:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I was trying to find, out what type of kits are available still that would help me out on Humvees that are being used in Iraq and Afaganstan. I know theres one for pro art but forgot what other types there are.

Happy Modeling
Tom

If you could be a bit more specific, like special forces version or up armoured version it would help a little , Mig productions do an up-armoured set. Try looking up & down the forum lists for references to " frag 5" ,dumvee & M1114; you will find helpful info with good photos.
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 10:44 PM UTC
Tamiya makes good Humvee kits

Updates and conversions from Mig productions, Trakz, Pro-art models, and Blast models.
Pe from Eduard.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 04:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Happy Modeling
Tom

Pro Art's GMV conversion is a nice little set, but if your question is taken literally, "that ARE being used," then it's no longer an option. We have had to go to the M1114's and M1151's, the current versions of which are not offered. Maybe we can get Boggie to offer up his master to someone...

" If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest of freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek not your council, nor your arms".

Samuel Adams
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 681 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 04:36 AM UTC
Thanks all for the HELP, I appreciated it. Did anyone see the show on the military channel. Thats what I was asking about when I asked about what kits where available.

But I seen some shows on the military channel and I seen allot of Hummvees. I would like to do a mountain patrol maybe. With speacial forces.

Or a Iraq patrol through the streets of Iraq. I saw on a show what a soft knock was. That would be a interesting dio. Allot of figures though.I probably could learn allot from doing the figures. I really never did figures yet. That would give me allot of experience with figures.

I've never done a building yet it has always been stand alone kits.And you really can't mess up a middle eastern building or compound.

Happy Modeling
Tom
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 07:37 AM UTC
The question then comes into what time frame. From 2003-now there has been a dramatic evolution in humvees. Based on the posts up to now, you will want to use an M1114 and Tamyia's M1025 with Mig Productions M1114 upgrade is you best bet. As soon as I get a little more time, I've got a couple photos for you since you expressed an interesed in Afghanistan patrols.

Jeff
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 04:54 AM UTC
Here is a good start for an afghan patrol.

Both are M1114s, and to completely reflect both would require significant overhaul of both, but its doable. Anyway, if you need more suggestions let me know.

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP