_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Borders of the Fatherland
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 1,148 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 03:50 AM UTC
Official Thread
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 05:05 AM UTC
Yeah!

Ok well I've got this kit ready to go:

Planning on a small dio with the GI's sneaking up on the entrance of a bunker, getting ready to clear the bunker.

Martin
markm
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 05:19 AM UTC
Just a quick note:

I am still attempting to set up your gallery space, please bear with me
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 05:26 AM UTC
Well, I am looking forward to this one. My 88mm is ordered and should get here soon.

Looking forward to get started on this campaign
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 01:51 AM UTC
My King Tiger I'm planning to rework is already swimming in chlorium - it removes paint .
Friulmodel tracks are also waiting for the assembly. All I have to do is to finish models for White-Wash and Medic! campaign.

Andrzej
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,208 posts
Armorama: 2,152 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 02:24 AM UTC
So this is the official thread then!

Well I have most of the parts I need and those I dont are either on the way or easily obtainable. I'm pretty excited about my build as I love bunkers and tank turret fortifications, so this should be a pretty fun project, not only that but it will combine a lot of different modelling skills in one project.

The only set-back is i've decided to build my Maus for the idea experiments campaign first so this puppy will have to wait until after then.

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow, can't wait to see what some of you come up with!

Cheers,

James
Lee-Enfield
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 272 posts
Armorama: 222 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 04:01 AM UTC
Mark, thank you! And I'm sure we can be patient with regards to gallery space!

Gentlepeople, welcome to the Official Thread! Here's looking forwards to seeing some awesome builds! One more day... (I think I can, I think I can...)

markm
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 04:21 AM UTC
Ok, I have the gallery set up and space set aside, just cant get to it yet
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 08:32 PM UTC
It's ON!! (at least in Poland - US has to wait few hours more )
This is going to be my entry:
http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/35252king_tiger/king_tiger.htm

Andrzej
wombatq
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 - 03:02 AM UTC
The campaign started a little early this morning for me.

The phone rang at 0532 telling me school was closed due to snow. So I rolled over, turned off the alarm clock and proceeded to liberate extra blankets.

The operation rolled off at 0900 local with the washing of the the Tam 6 pounder, Brit infantry and jeep. The Dragon and Resicast figs were also washed, and a fresh pot of coffee was brewed.

THE FOLLOWING REPORT IS FROM KAMPFGRUPPE WILL:

What is my dad talking about?

I washed my parts last night and started sub assemblies. If the snow stops later, we'll go to the hobby shop, where it's clearance sale has started. I want to get the Tamiya field kitchen and some more US guys.
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,208 posts
Armorama: 2,152 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 - 03:15 AM UTC
This sounds like an interesting dio Marc, still going for the market garden aftermarket theme? Which DML and resicast figures are you using?

Keep us posted with your progress, and good luck to everyone starting today! Hope to join you soon!

James
wombatq
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 - 03:19 AM UTC
Yep- still the Arhem revisited plan. I still haven't settled a few details (jeep or no jeep- how many figures, etc).

I contacted a friend with a good reference library who will check what Canadian units were involved. Might as well as get the details right if I can.
Lee-Enfield
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 - 05:05 AM UTC
Marc, right on, guy! I've also got a day off, so I should be able to get quite a bit done! Woo-hoo!

To everybody who hasn't and is able: Modellers, start your building!

Good luck and good building to everybody!
Lewis
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 - 08:09 AM UTC
Here is what I am going to build. I haven't found any actual pictures of this type of bunker in the Siegfried Line. However I have found pictures of destroyed bunkers in the Siegfried Line with the same type of machine gun turret in the rubble. So I am guessing that this one would be alright to use.

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=VE1642

I haven't decided what to use for figures, if any. I am not much of a figure person, but I might give it a try.

This should be a fun and interesting campaign.

HARV
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 - 01:18 PM UTC
Thanks Lewis, I'm just about ready to get started, My first attempt at these campaigns and I am a bit excited,,,LOL Well, happy modeling everyone! milvehfan
Lee-Enfield
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 - 03:49 PM UTC
Harv, I like it! Looking forwards to seeing what you end up with, guy! I've begun building an MG Tower to go alongside one or two MG nests and at least one AT gun, all of which will be under assault by US forces. I thought it would be bigger than what it really is......

Milvehfan: You may become addicted, but that's okay... most of us already are!

So, for today, I've built the rough forms for my groundwork, a jeep that I may decide not to use after all, and scratch-modded most of the MG tower. I'll be posting updates and pics in a separate thread very soon.
Lewis
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
Armorama: 564 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 10:30 AM UTC
Now that it has sunk in that this campaign has really started, I decided to start my planning. I will be doing an Ardennes King Tiger with a Steyer Komandeurwagen, and the obligatory figures. The KT will be the DML BoB, and I will build it OOB. The Steyer will be the Tamiya kit, also OOB. I have ordered numerous figures as well as the Steyer. The KT has made its way out of the closet and onto the work table. I cut a Mahogany base from some scrap wood, and will be figuring out the "Lay of the Land" so to speak.

I kind of wanted to do a motorcycle of some type. But I don't have one in the stash. I decided not to order one. I think the troops will fill up the alloted space pretty good. I do think something is missing from my plan, but I just can't figure out what it is. I might need to do some research to see what I can see.

I guess I will be painting roadwheels in the morning. Probably in the afternoon also.
markm
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 03:17 AM UTC
Gallery link

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php?cat=21229
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 05:04 AM UTC
Well, my Daughter's family have finally moved into their new place so I'll now be able to focus on some modeling. Anxious to get this one started. Plan is to have the Panther turret and a 'supporting' pillbox with GIs with bazooka attacking from rear. Might call it something like, "Big Knock at the Back Door".

Blade48mrd
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 11:13 AM UTC
I just made a first ever attempt at making a plaster base. It actually came out really good. I will make an attempt at the full size in the very near future.

Things I learned.
1. You need to have boots, wheels, and tracks ready to make tracks in the wet plaster. If you are going to add rocks or boulders, you should also have them ready.
2. It is good to add some color to the plaster.
3. Plaster is really not hard to work with.
errains
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 362 posts
Armorama: 350 posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 03:27 PM UTC
Ok I give up!!
I have just spent the 3 days trying to make a post with pictures of my project here.
I have made a post in the past with photos but now I can’t seem to get it.
If someone would be so kind as to shoot me an email or something on how to do this it would great!

Thanks
[email protected]
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 03:33 PM UTC
Eric, Hi when you find out, please let me know.... Happy Modeling. Milvehfan
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 04:02 AM UTC
I have been researching my build. After all the research, I have refined my plan. No major changes in how I will do the presentation. I did decide to do the figures first though. I finished the first figure a few hours ago. I will start a build log on my build and post the first pictures in the morning.
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 - 12:46 AM UTC
I was looking for the enlistment sight for this campaign. Could not find it anywhere. Then, there it was, under concluded campaigns, with an ending date of November 30th, 1999. I am slow, but I dont think I'm 8 years behind. Seven years, maybe, but not eight.
Lee-Enfield
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 - 05:22 AM UTC
Now that's whacked! Mike? Mark? Help, please?

Carl, don't feel bad... I need to start my blog, too! Lots of building, lots of painting, some scratching, some modding... just gotta get my stuff together and post what I've been doing! And yeah, working with plaster is actually pretty easy... and more forgiving if you tint the plaster first! But I'd recommend something other than papier-mache for a dio... I'm using styrofoam insulation to make my forms, and I'll plaster directly onto that, kind of like drywall mudding.

Eric, has anybody given you an answer, yet?
 _GOTOTOP