Hosted by Darren Baker
New models from Acadamy in 1/72 scale
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 01:30 PM UTC
MCModellbau is showing that Acadamy plans on releasing a Stryker and Hemmet in 1/72 scale

http://www.mc-modellbau.de/Comming_soon/comming_soon.html

Charlie
MacsTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 - 02:56 PM UTC
And an M35 (http://henk.fox3000.com/Academy/13410-1.jpg)! It looks pretty decent though the build-up appears to have a problem getting all wheels on the ground. It figures that someone would release a HEMTT though. I have three of the Planet Models resin to build.

I like the Zil-131 Fire Tanker too.

YEAH!! I just hope they are all nice kits. I'm really pleased with the Academy Dragon Wagon thus far. Nicely detailed as-is but with plenty of room to add a modelers touch and make it better.

It looks like Italeri has a 1/72 Willy's Jeep too, though it is a 2pack "fast assembly" version for wargamming.

Now if Bronco ever releases the long announced M911 HET, then I'll have to move onto a new grail!
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 05:57 AM UTC
I'm looking forward to the Hemmet and the M35. Right now, I can walk out my front door and see a whole slew of M35A2's in various schemes.
Wanze
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 277 posts
Armorama: 88 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 07:39 AM UTC
Oh wow!! At long last, A HEMMT and an M35 is coming soon! I can't wait to get my hands on them. Thanks for the wonderful news, Charles.

Now, I hope Academy's Stryker is the latest variant. It would also be wishful thinking if Dragon comes out with its own copy with the slat armour used in Iraq.
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 01:25 AM UTC
For some reason, I think Dragon won't release their Stryker until late this year. It seems they are really concentrating on German items. It's a shame that they would ignore allies modelers.
Charlie
CPL-Overby
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 190 posts
Armorama: 192 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 12:42 AM UTC
If you're looking for a decent offering of the "slat" armor.....
Stay away from the Eduard set (looks terrible)
instead go with set by Georgi Grigorov, it looks much better.
see here.....
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210/message/1200084655/Here+how+my+version+of+slat+armor+look+like
This is the set that "I" will be getting when I get that kit.
HTH
Ken
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 07:06 AM UTC
Thanks Ken. I've been wondering about the Slat Armor.
Charlie
vertex
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 12:52 PM UTC
I had been searching around for the Academy HEMTT, but I dont find it? was this announced by MRC, or other Academy dealer?
MacsTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 07:22 AM UTC
The Academy M35 is on their website and the MRC website (MRC imports them in to the USA). I think it is due for release in March 2008. There are photos of a built up kit and some of the mail order places have added it to websites without final pricing.

The Stryker and the HEMTT appear on the link in the original posting and here : http://henk.fox3000.com/Academy.htm They aren't on the Academy website nor MRC. I suspect MRC will wait until there is a sure release date. Could these be Nuremburg announcements? I'm anxiously awaiting the news myself. Apparently a 1/72 diorama of Allied aircraft strafing German armored trains might be in order with the Hobby Boss announcement. It would still be HUGE, but more managable than 1/35 (which is why I love Braille scale).

By the way, is it just me or does it seem that Academy is releasing kits of subjects available in Planet models resin or Armo? I nearly bought the M35 guntruck by Armo and have a couple of Planet Models HEMTT kits. The Dragon Wagon was lower on my list of resin purchases, but I still would have bought one eventually. I sure didn't wait long once the styrene kit was out, which probably saved me from buying the resin M35. Still I feel for the resin manufacturers because some of the kits are really nice. I don't think I'll ever see a 1/72 Mack NO or NR in styrene, so Wespe models kits will be the only way to go.
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 09:54 AM UTC
I'm looking forward to the M35. Milan has photo's of Acadamy's M35 built up as an M35A2. Right now, I can walk out my front door and see 30+ M35A2's across the street.
Charlie.
tkirt69
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 32 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 05:22 AM UTC
hello, thanks for the link! i want to try 1/72 kits.

-tim
 _GOTOTOP