_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Changes at Missing Lynx
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2003 - 07:47 PM UTC
When Osprey Publishing took over Missing Lynx (or something to that effect), I knew there would be some good changes occurring on that site. And there have been. But I am saddened to see they still seem to have the same policy of intolerance when it comes to posting about "other sites" they obviously view as competition. Part of the site reports I can view show where people are linking to Armorama from, and with the recent DNS problems there have been numerous posts on various sites asking about what has happened to Armorama.com. I read one on ML just yesterday where a user both asked this question and proclaimed how much they enjoyed ML (even though they were asking about this site). Numerous ML users who had some info spent their valuable time to reply to this persons post. I noted that topic was deleted tonight. Just to be crystal clear. I know of about 15 or so other sites that Armorama gets mentioned on regularly. And not ONE of those sites deletes these topics. To me this says a lot.

I just wanted to let those users who have tried to share something with their fellow modelers on other sites know that I appreciate their good intentions. Not all webmasters view this kind of posting as "spam" or "junk". I think many of us understand that these people just want to share their good experiences online with their fellow modelers. And what is wrong with that?

No post that mentions another modeling site has EVER been removed from this site, unless it was duplicated in multiple forums.

Jim

PS: My intention of this post is not to start some "here-here" thread about how bad this is. I know most of you will agree. Therefore this topic will be locked so I can simply put this issue on record. - Thanks
 _GOTOTOP