_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEW PHOTOS: Humvee and M35A2
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 12:22 PM UTC
Ranger74 has submitted some great photos. Quite a few more M35A2 photos of weathered and well-used variety. That should make this site the King of the Hill in reference material for Modern support vehicles for a while. M35A2 pics.

He also shot some pics of a unique Black Recruiting Battalion HUMMV. Those can be seen here: HUMMV pics.

Thanks Ranger!

Jim
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 01:38 PM UTC
Nice photos..Thanks Ranger and Jim
best regards
Engin
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:26 AM UTC
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Armorama: 658 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:13 AM UTC
Thanks Staff_Jim. I will add some comments for these pictures. Most of the dueces are Desert Storm veterans, even the green ones. We have not been able to repaint them since because it takes EPA approved paint facilities to do a complete paint job. The USAR has finally received some money for painting older vehicles. Not all vehicles going to Saudi were painted sand. All these vehicles have been painted with CARC (chemical agent resistant coating - and epoxy enamel, and a hazardous project). The sand colored vehicles came straight off of the ships and into the paint shops - no washings, steam cleaning, etc. so you can see peeling paint. You will notice two different colored truck tarps. These are the new plastic coated tarps. Thought these would be of interest for painting and weathering. I have also included some pictures of typical stencils.

The black recruiting HUMMV is one of six in the Southeast. My higher HQs gave the recruiting command six old and excess M966 "turtlebacks". They went into one of our shops, were stripped to the frame and repainted. The seats came out of old washed out CUCVs (Chevy Blazers) and were recovered, carpet, etc, was added. In one photo you can see the powere converter than allows the recruiters to use a sound system when at recruiting functions. This one belongs to the Nashville Recruiting Battalion and is maintained by the Area Maintenance Support Activity (AMSA) in my reserve center. It gets a lot of miles during demonstrations for potential recruits. I have also seen a Red and Yellow one with MARINES painted all over it. My son, eho is in the Tennessee National Guard said he saw a purple one that belonged to the guard. Now that I have got to see.

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP