_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Challenger 1 - Model Pictures..
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 06:13 PM UTC
Three views of a Challenger 1 model I put together a few years back. Nothing fancy but fun to paint and stow.
Accurate Armour's update and conversion set was used with the Tamiya Challenger 1 kit.
Keith.

PiperDan
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 180 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:45 AM UTC
I like it!

Do you have any larger (ie. higher resolution) images of your Challenger? It looks like you've done some brilliant work on it and I'd love to have the chance to appreciate it a little more.

Cheers - Dan
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 05:41 PM UTC
Dan.
Thanks for the comment. I do not unfortunately, I have resized them for BB use and only have a small Kodak Digital camera.
I hadn't really thought much about sharing pictures of my items until I got steered to this wonderful site.
Most of my building is/was for selfish reasons, a time to get away from the outside world and relive a bit of my old military days...The mind wanders back in time when touching the Armour items....I rarely enter anything in a competition, even at the local level, it is all just fun. When it stops being fun and becomes a chore or I feel tired, I will pack it in.

Having been told once that my painting was nothing like what the judges had seen in the books, I chose to not bother, after all, having served on armour for over 16 years in many different areas of this world, what would I know about how they look in use??

I have many more models and a couple of what I think are nice dioramas and will share them in due course.
Ecouragement from builders like yourself are a bonus as it helps build the confidence level, even at my old age....
Many thanks.
Keith.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 06:02 PM UTC
Keith-- nice job. I like the smoke stains on the exhaust points. How did you achieve that effect?
thanks
DJ
Keef1648
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 07:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Keith-- nice job. I like the smoke stains on the exhaust points. How did you achieve that effect?
thanks
DJ

DJ.
A light spray of flat Black and then enhanced with a dusting of crushed and powdered Black pastel stick. Brushing it around the outlet gives it a nice sooty effect.

Keith.
PiperDan
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 180 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 01:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Having been told once that my painting was nothing like what the judges had seen in the books

Sod the judges!

A good friend of mine has often stated that the only judge you have to impress is the one who watches you shave every morning.

I think you've figured out this whole game, having the audacity to build models just for the fun of it!

Please do keep sharing your work, and having fun.

Cheers - Dan

_GOTOTOP