_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
My First Submission
Paul_n_OR
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 02:22 AM UTC
This is AFV's Stryker with all the Eduard PE Sets I can get on it for now, I am going to start the Slat armor this week...now where did I put that scotch?
The model has been built in sub assemblies and the small details have been tacked on for now so I can stay motivated to finish it, I'll take them off when I start the slat set. I reproduced the dirt and the anti skid texture with Testors liquid cement and Testors green putty, mixed until soupy then applied with a modified brush while " stippling "(sp?) the texture on.
Im pretty sure I have a glueing jig system worked out for the Slat kit, and I plan on building it and painting/detailing as much as possible off of the model, then attaching it in larger sections as needed.

So far it has been painted with Tamiya acrylics and weathered with artist oils from Windsor and Newton.
This model is still very much an " in process" work and I was thinking I'd like to share what I have done so far, I hope you enjoy it.
Happy Modeling,

Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 02:32 AM UTC
Lookin' really good, Paul.

Keep us posted on your progress.
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,683 posts
Armorama: 1,248 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 02:36 AM UTC
Very nice Paul and welcome to Armorama. I really like your model and I'll use your Stryker to help me build mine, thanks! We would all like to know how you get on wtih the slats so keep us posted please.

Bob
Paul_n_OR
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 02:36 AM UTC
Thank you! I had to figure out how to do two things, get good natural light outside ( it rains 300 days a year in Oregon it seems ) and figure out how to post pics ! I guess i got lucky LOL
All the best
Paul
Paul_n_OR
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 02:41 AM UTC
Thank you and Ill be more then happy to share anything I can about my go at the many tiny pieces of metal awaiting me!
Glad you like it.
Paul
koenele
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 4,194 posts
Armorama: 408 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 02:48 AM UTC
welcome! nice work

hope to see more of your work

koen
Paul_n_OR
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 02:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

welcome! nice work

hope to see more of your work

koen

Thank you I'd like to see more of my work too! LOL seems when I have time to model Im supposed to be doing something else!
Glad you like the model!
Paul
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 05:35 AM UTC
Looks good.
Great Job and welcome aboard BTW.

Can't wait to see more work.

Scotch might not be "Heavy Enough"
Paul_n_OR
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 05:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks good.
Great Job and welcome aboard BTW.

Can't wait to see more work.

Scotch might not be "Heavy Enough"

Thanks! Im glad ya like it! Also working on M1A2 SEP, Paladin, and a few more from the stash..I rotate back and forth between projects to maintain sanity...but that just doesnt sound right !
Paul
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 07:01 AM UTC
Paul:

I'm concerned you may be posting from another dimension, as we do not have blue skies in Oregon this time of the year. Until yesterday I do not think the sun had shined since 2007. You must have been really quick to get those photos. But I suppose it was kind of sunny today as well. Of course, I am assuming you are in the half of Oregon that I am in and it is raining all the time. Our east I suppose the sun shines quite abit even this time of year.

Anyway, it seems you are making good progress. Good luck with that slat. I have been too busy to even try it myself. If you are going to leave the hatches open, I would suggest filling in the knockout circles on the inside part of the hatches.

Bob
Paul_n_OR
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 - 07:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Paul:

I'm concerned you may be posting from another dimension, as we do not have blue skies in Oregon this time of the year. Until yesterday I do not think the sun had shined since 2007. You must have been really quick to get those photos. But I suppose it was kind of sunny today as well. Of course, I am assuming you are in the half of Oregon that I am in and it is raining all the time. Our east I suppose the sun shines quite abit even this time of year.

Anyway, it seems you are making good progress. Good luck with that slat. I have been too busy to even try it myself. If you are going to leave the hatches open, I would suggest filling in the knockout circles on the inside part of the hatches.

Bob

Hey Bob I'm on the coast (Newport) I left the two little holes as locating points for the straps often seen on the inside. If you look at the pics of the rear hatch's (overhead shot) you'll see they are located over the holes. I havent gotten all the staps on yet. After I filled in all the sink marks, knockout circles etc. I primmed and re-checked before color coat. I did notice that one of the little photoetced parts is missing! Luckily I have spares
It was nice and blue all day here and We even got to see a real sunset instead of fog!
Happy Modeling,
Paul
florin13
Visit this Community
Arad, Romania
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 01:53 PM UTC
You did a good job. I love it.

Florin
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 02:34 PM UTC
Seven years after the original post, we still haven't got any new picturres with the slat armor on.
That's a slow build
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 05:43 PM UTC
Thanks Oliver....I hadn't noticed the dates of posts. Not much point asking why he left the hatches open given there is no interior.....
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 06:08 PM UTC
Sean, I guess he initially intended to add some figures.
 _GOTOTOP