_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Member discounts?
Greg
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 455 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 04:22 AM UTC
Just checked out the comparison of Tamiya Shermans, and a members discount at squadron was mentioned. I'm new; can somebody tell me more about who offers a discount and how much? Thanks!

Greg
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 04:36 AM UTC
Hey Greg, welcome aboard here! :-)

Hmmm...discounts are a funny thing in that only a few places offer discounts on items. Squadron's discounts are usually monthly, meaning that once a month they offer a different model at a discounted price. Other places like "Model Expo" now has a 50% sale going on...not much in the way of armor though. Still other's offer things like first time buyer discounts and free shipping with a minimum purchase (usually $50 or more).
The best source for discount info is to actually goto these online stores and read their info, as it's always changing to keep sales up.
Hope this helps a bit.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 05:10 AM UTC
Military Hobbies has a discount "Club".

http://www.militaryhobbies.com/directory.cfm?FPID=4

Jim
Bluefalcon47
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 255 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 05:32 AM UTC
Discount?? What is that??
Too bad those discounts and other stuff often don't apply to overseas customers.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 07:16 AM UTC
If you're into buying a lot over the Net, VLS Corp offers a good discount program. Both Masters and Winners Group memberships offer a 20-25% discount and no charge for shipping. The upgraded Platinum Masters membership offers free Second-Day Air shipping on top of the 25% discount.

I've been a member for several years, and for the volume of material I buy (not outrageous) it has proven a good way to go.

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP