Armor/AFV: Softskins
Softskins group discussions.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M4 HST cab fit problem
jowady
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 683 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 - 07:30 AM UTC
I have the Hobbyboss M4 HST (AA gun version) and I'm having a real problem fitting the cab on over the seat benches. I have filed the ends down but it seems like I've had to file off quite a bit, in fact I'm about at the point of scratch building my own seats. The fit on the rest of the kit has seemed fairly good, but I'm concerned that, if you don't get the cab on square, then the two subassemblies that make up the rest of the superstructure might be a bear to get lined up. Anyone else had this problem, and if so, any ideas?

John
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 - 09:25 AM UTC
John,
Look at the fit of C35 which fits under the dashboard and is just a bit too long. Also check the fit of the cab over the front bumper. Also look at how part C48 sits a bit low and caused the cab not to seat properly. I sanded the bottom of parts C35 and C48 and finaly got a better, but not perfect, fit.
HTH
Chuck
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 - 09:41 AM UTC
I have to ditto Chuck on that one, most likely its the front end of the cabin making the troubles. I scratched my own seats wich gave me some problems with the side cusions, but aside from than and sone sanding of the front I had no problems.

But the connector running from the exhaust manifold to the roofmounted exhaust - theres no way thats gonna fit without some surgery
jowady
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 683 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 - 03:57 PM UTC
Thanks guys, it worked!

John
 _GOTOTOP