_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Filipino Modelers!
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 478 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 03:00 AM UTC
Are there any Filipino Modelers here in Armorama, besides me, fritz and shonen red? Just wanna know...

Miniature Modeling is very uncommon here...And very little know and appreciate models... I just want to promote it here in our country...
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 1,538 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 03:41 PM UTC
I feel your pain!!!

crismag, kalfrox and GIBeregovoy are Filipinos too.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 07:49 PM UTC
John and lone,
Do we need to start a Filipino Support Group here at Armorama?

Hey why is it the "Philippines" but you are not "Philipinos"?

By the way, 20 people have selected your countries flag if that is helpful. Where the other 10 are hiding no one knows.

Cheers,
Jim
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 07:57 PM UTC
We would really appreciate the creation of a forum if it's not too much of a bother, Oh Great Overlord and Leader :-)

As for the confusion between "Ph" and "F", I can't be that helpful because my first language is a major local dialect, my second language is English, and the national language comes in at a far third on the list

20 you say? Let's see: Lonewolf, crismag, kalfrox, GIBeregovoy, armorart, ginebra, shonen_red, fritz and myself make 9. Don't know the others yet. We have a local forum that caters to the modeling community but it's slow as a snail wearing a wool jacket on a sheet of velcro. I'll invite them to sign-up for Armorama
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 08:08 PM UTC
How many different languages/dialects are there in the Philippines? Is Espanol still in use there as well? Ahh...just did a google and got the language picture.

As for the forum are we talking of a Filipino language forum? Or a club forum where anything goes? For an actual Philippine (Meso?) language interface someone would have to do some translating homework.

Cheers,
Jim

Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 08:15 PM UTC
We have a national language and two or three major dialects. Letters/characters will not be a problem because we use standard letters and characters that English uses. Some of our words are taken from Espanol since the Spaniards first gave us the concept of roofs over our ancestors' heads and doors to keep the farm animals outside #:-) It's not used anymore though.

No problem with translations too since most of my compatriots speak and write very passable English.

Methinks a club forum will do
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 09:20 PM UTC
I love Filipinos, they are great people, does it make me 1/4 a Philipino?
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 09:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

does it make me 1/4 a Philipino?

Naaaa....... you still da dude from Hong Kong. #:-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 04:28 AM UTC
Shonen Red here, awaiting orders. Count me in the Filipino modelers. Darn I wish there are lots of Filipino modelers but not to have shortage of supplies and model kits.

Quoted Text

Do we need to start a Filipino Support Group here at Armorama?

If you like to, then thanks anyway. Don't worry, our language would be english so that others can read it. (Maybe little Filipino message won't hurt)
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 10:44 PM UTC
There are not much model stores here....But we still manage to grab some....

Jeepney, you're from Makati, right? Gloreitta is within reach... Good for you...As for us, we live here in Las Pinas...The nearest model store is a tricycle's ride away...But if you really want to search for more models, it's a 10 minute jeepney ride away... And they don't have much to offer..T_T

Yeah, we are from the Philippines, but we're called Filipinos... I seem to have forgotten why...It's because of my History teacher....>_
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 10:44 PM UTC
Hmmm..Can there be Filipino Infantrymen models from WW2? I wish they would make some... Our country did engage in the war, but not against the Germans...The Americans came here and libreated the country from the Japanese...

I'd be crying for joy if there was...T_T

20 fellow countrymen here at Armorama? I'm happy to hear that! Thanks, Grand Master Jim!

Thank you too guys!
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 11:29 PM UTC
Lonewolf,

My Dad was one of the Americans that fought side-by-side with your people defending Corregidor in the 60th CAAA regiment at Fort Mills.

I just recently got a hold of my father's military record and have delved into some of the history - so consider me part Philipino...

I've got many projects on the back burners, but since I am finally piecing together what a 3" Anti-aircraft gun looks like I might be doing some Philipino Infantrymen, to do a dio of my Dad with his gun. If you have any detailed pics, send them my way and I'll see what I can do...
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2003 - 01:59 AM UTC
Thanks...

Salutations to you, and your father!

Good Day, Comrade!

I'll see what I can dig about the pics...

Until then,

Again, I salute you!

Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2003 - 04:17 PM UTC
I used to work in Makati lonewolf, but I recently transferred to Pasay. Now I'm one jeepney ride away from JMN at Harrison Plaza. JMN is the best-stocked store in Manila IMHO. It's got variety across many brands and it also carries a few AM parts. I even saw sheets of TwoBobs decals there.

I salute your Dad Brian! Corregidor was one of the great battles that were fought on our shores. Lots of casualties on that small tadpole of an island. I've been there once and I've gaped at the huge guns. My grandfather was a guerilla during the war and was in a hospital nursing a shrapnel wound when the Philippines was liberated.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 07:23 PM UTC
Hmmm...Harrison Plaza....I'll try to browse if I happen to pass by..."JMN", right? "Salamat, pare!"

Whoa! What a coincidence! My grandfather too was a soldier in the war... And my other granpa on the mother's side, was a guerilla infantryman... We're having problems with those "benefits" for the war veterans... But I think they've settled it now...

Long live to our brave ancestors! And salutations to our American comrades!

Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 07:33 PM UTC
Yep. JMN. Look for Shakey's. It's on the second floor right on top of that
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 10:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yep. JMN. Look for Shakey's. It's on the second floor right on top of that

Thanks...I will if I find some time...

Here in our place, we have "Accurate Model Works" and "Special Toy Center". This is where we buy our models...But they don't offer much...

Thank you again!

Salamat po!
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 05:12 PM UTC
Let's continue
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 05:12 PM UTC
Re Motorex: Nandun ako along with GIBeregovoy and crismag. Unfortunately walang nanalo sa amin. May chance kaya this year? Don't know yet
vss
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 63 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 05:27 PM UTC
hi all pinoy modelers...! pinoy din po..

ey jeep - so this it... well, better luck next time bro.. was it your first time to join? i hope i can join this year if there will be one?
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 05:30 PM UTC
Sana makaka-join. Siguro M88 and another kit na gagawin ko for the Barbarossa Campaign ang magiging entries ko. Medyo di kasi maganda ang "financial status" ko for the next few months kaya I just have to make do with what I have on my small pile

Ikaw? Sali ka ba?
vss
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 63 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 05:38 PM UTC
when and where is the venue of the next competition ba? id love to join, have a lot of models on standy but not yet finished.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 07:51 PM UTC
Don't know the details yet. Last year parang September sya. Sa Harrison Plaza ang venue. One week long ang event. Sali ka!
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 08:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Re Motorex: Nandun ako along with GIBeregovoy and crismag. Unfortunately walang nanalo sa amin. May chance kaya this year? Don't know yet

Good Luck sa inyo this year....

Magagaling ba tlga yung kalaban?

Ayus lang yan... You can do it!

Buti nga kayo eh... kami ni shonen_red sumali sa isang anime dio contest, tapos natalo kme..Hnde na binalik yung dio namin...T_T

OK! Good Luck uli senyo...

Armor lang ba ang pwede sa MOTOREX?

Try kong pumunta sometime...^_^

Sabihin nyo sakin kung meron at kelan ha... ^_^

Good Luck, brothers!

Mabuhay ang Pilipino!
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 08:17 PM UTC
Di binalik???!!! Parang di naman yata tama 'yon. Unless may di kayo nabasa sa fine print ng contract

Last year marami ang pwedeng isali sa Motorex: planes, armor, ships, choppers, at dioramas. May nakita pa nga akong Gundam diorama dun. Naging sponsor yata ang Bandai eh. Di ko lang alam this year kung ganun din.

As of kung magaling, well.... Maraming kaming masasabi about that Medyo lugi kasi tayong mga novices kasi mga kalaban natin ay mga experts at, coincidentally, members din ng group na nag-organize ng event. Magaling sila! Hands down wala akong masabi! Quality of work pang-international level na! Pero yun ang point ko. Sana i-separate nila yung experts sa amateurs kasi wala talaga tayong masabi sa kanila. Imagine yung kit mo na nabili mo for less than 500 ilalaban sa kit na punong puno ng accessories na umabot na yata ang total price ng 5000. Syempre mananalo yung superdetailed supermahal diba? Eh tayo namang hamak na estudyante or manggawa lang yung 500 dalawang buwan na tayong di kumakain nun!

Anyway, rant over. Sana baguhin nila ang categories this year.
 _GOTOTOP