Hosted by Darren Baker
Front bin on Warrior nose armor
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 03:36 AM UTC
What is the origin of the bin that is sometimes placed on the top of the addon nose armor on a Warrior? It doesn't fit exact so it obviously was scavenged from something.

Thanks,
Paul
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 04:18 AM UTC
hmmm. I´m not sure about the philosophy or the engineering details, but the storage bin in front of the warrior is primarily for the storage of two POL cans. As I am sure you are talking about the Academy version of the Warrior, to upgrade it you need either the Accurate Armour or the Cromwell conversion sets to upgrade it to (at least) Desert Storm or Kosovo level. In the osprey military book on the warrior, some of the photos of the upgraded version show the storage bin empty....You pays your money etc. As I am just about to start on a warrior in Op Iraqui Freedom, I have been compiling a large archive of photos (principally from the Ministry Of Defence website in London) which have been a real godsend for detail shots... The Academy warrior is good but is an early version, Accurate also do the conversion set for the engineer version....... Jim Rae
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 10:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

but the storage bin in front of the warrior is primarily for the storage of two POL cans.

I think Paul is refering to a additional storage bin placed on the top of Warriors front armor. Just above of the head of the sitting soldier...

Mario M.
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 05:35 PM UTC
Exactly Mario. I had an idea about what it might be this weekend. It looks the same as the bin on the left rear of the vehicle. A test fit leaves me about 95% certain. Now the question is whether or not this the original bin that has been moved to use the space between the hull and the addon armor or is an additional bin.

Paul
r19f
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2003 - 10:35 AM UTC
it is called a chieftain short bin as was mounted on the chieftain m.b.t. when this kit was in service
 _GOTOTOP