Hosted by Darren Baker
Italeri Landrover kits
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 - 08:43 AM UTC
Do all Italeri/ Testors 1/35 Landrover kits come with military style bumpers, etc?

I've seen the kit released under two different numbers.

Thanks in advance.
Mad_Dan_Eccles
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2008 - 10:54 AM UTC
I assuem you're thinking of the standard Italeri/Revell Series 3 so the answer to that is

Yes....but...

In many respects it is a civilian Series 3 as it has features such as the fuel filler on the rear body and short spring shackles - military 109"s rode bit higher as they had longer shackles and had fuel fillers under the seats.

There is an intermediate version referred to as "CL" which was a standard civilian 109 taken into military service and (usually) painted green and black - this might be the easiest verion to model with this kit

Aidrian
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 03:28 AM UTC
Thanks!

I'm planning on building the Testors kit (Landrover 109), as a dutch army Landrover during the early 1990's.
I have some refs, but didn't know about the civilian/ military mix up of the kit.
Mad_Dan_Eccles
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2008 - 09:26 AM UTC
I don't know exactly how much the Dutch version differed from the UK military version- from memory I think they were diesel powered, and that probably doesn't make any difference to the model unless your are really getting into superdetailing..

_GOTOTOP