_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Mirage models from Poland
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2002 - 09:37 PM UTC
Has anyone built any Mirage models? They are made in Poland At the www.squadron.com site,in the new category is 3 variations of the C7P(p) artillery tractor 1Polish,1 German and 1 Russian They are based on the 7TP tank Advance order for now I was just curious if anyone has any experience with the Mirage kits
Chad
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 05:20 AM UTC
Yes, typical Eastern European kits with nice detail and fine parts. Some seam clean up but very little flash. Very few locator pins and most build up nicely with a little test fitting. I tend to tack the pieces together with a spot of glue and when I have them aligned properly, I glue the entire seam using the capillary action of liquid cement.
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 649 posts
Armorama: 379 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 12:28 PM UTC
Link and length track also. Very small and very hard to get right. Take your time and test fit everything.
I've got a couple of their Renault UE tanks. Rob has a good idea of tacking first, then glueing.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 10:44 PM UTC
Thanks for the replies gents
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2002 - 07:59 PM UTC
Mirage kits are like any other company including Tamiya. You have your good kits and your bad kits. In regards to the C7P: don't hesitate a moment. This is one of the nicest kits to come out of Eastern Europe in a long time. Either Eduard or Aber has already made photo-etch for the kit and with T-26 tracks from either Friulmodel or Modlekasten you are looking at a true gem.
 _GOTOTOP