_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
need a change. Artillery Trains ?
Anubis001
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 12:23 AM UTC
Hi all
I have been modeling for 30+ years and have hit a brick wall, I have built so many AFV's and figures that I have problems finishinf prodjects , so I looked into doing Armoured trains, I built "5 stars" Orlik obtained from lou stenner and found it a good subject for me
The question is can any one point me in the right direction to obtain som Plans as I would like to scratch build a few, 1/35 or 1/72 scale. I have plenty of books but only one has plans.

ANY idea's folks

BoB
Jimmie
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2008 - 12:19 PM UTC
Hi Bob,

I know exactly what you mean with the added bonus of a loft full of models to repair....Sometime!

Paul Malmassari has published several armoured train plans in Tankette, but managed to publish his own book through Heimdal.
Its full title is Les Trains Blinde 1826-1989, and it is the most complete book I have found on the subject of railroad armour. 382 pages in hardback, but not cheap. My copy has a price of 396 Francs in it, I would guess you'd pay £40+ for it. French text. It is full of 1/72nd scale plans, so should suit your needs.
There are other books, for instance the Waffen-Arsenal book Panzerzuge im Einsatz 1939-1945 by Wolfgang Sawodny published by Podzun-Pallas-Verlag ISBN 3-7909-0384-1, which has a lot of photos but no plans.
I have yet to see the new Osprey book on armoured trains.

HTH

Paul M.
Sunray
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 11:09 PM UTC
Hi Bob,

Oddly enough, the latest edition (1-08) of the APMA the publication of the Australian Plastic Modellers’ Association contains a four page article on the Soviet OB-3 Armoured Train. There are stacks of plans in 1/72nd and a host of scrap drawings to help.

Cheers,

Gary
Anubis001
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2008 - 10:56 PM UTC
HI Gary and Paul
Sounds Great, I will Defantly be looking looking out for these Items, If you find them first let me know.

Cheers
Bob
 _GOTOTOP