_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Zelda 2 Questions
mazyen
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2008 - 09:43 PM UTC
Hi,
I am close to finishing the Zelda kit but do not seems to find any reference pics that is clear enough to clarify the below items.
1- are these ammo boxes ever used as they are actually obstructed by the shields
2- are the tail light guards still in their original position when the lights are relocated outboard?
[]
[]
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
Armorama: 900 posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2008 - 10:49 PM UTC
Hi Lee,
Nice build and nice color--what paint did you use? I like what you did with the exhaust wrap.

If I remember correctly, you won't find many pics of this M113 because it is a test version.

I think it should be pretty safe to base my answers to you on a Zelda "Kasman Armor", since it incorporates the same or similar doghouse and side armor.
Only found one pic of that ammo box you refer to in use, however all other photos show the type which is parallel to the 7.62 machine gun as you can see on my Kasman's link. I guess it's because a parallel ammo box doesn't get obstructed by the shields. But I think you can leave your ammo boxes on since your Zelda is a test version.

Can't commend on the tail lights' guards though, since the only photos I recall seeing of your Zelda(but can't find now) have External Fuel tanks there-with the lights mounted on them.

http://www.angrydogproductions.com/Kasman%20Complete.jpg

If you need more information, take your questions to the dedicated idf modelling site.

Nick
mazyen
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 05:26 AM UTC
Hi Nick
Thanks for the reply. You are right. Pics of this vehicle are hard to find. I only manage to get 3 low res pics, 2 of which show the vehicle without the external tanks but too blurry to see more details. As for the painting job, the base colour is a dark khaki drab colour, post shaded & then misted with layers of green grey, stone grey followed by a few coats of Future floor polish to gloss it. Oil paint filters, pin wash, dry brushing, dull coats & finally weathered with spray coat of buff & dirts washes of paint, pigments & pastel. Phew! & the fun was over.
Next will be strapping on the stretcher & mounting the guns, ammo & painting the details.
BTW the exhaust tape starpping is a resin pc dry brushed with light grey.
Lee
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 05:58 AM UTC
Hi Lee,
The pics you found sounds like the ones I remember (and still can't find)
Your painting technique sounds similar to mine, minus future floor polish -which I only recently found locally.
However are you using thinner-based or acrylic paints? I use humbrol, vallejo and lifecolor.
Do post more pics once you fit those antennas in.

If you don't mind me asking,are you affiliated with any of our local hobby shops? Your name sounds familiar.
james84
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 1,368 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 06:17 AM UTC
Sorry, I can't help you, but what an interesting subject!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 06:28 AM UTC
Looks good too. Same issue on the tail lights though. Only the left, upper oval should be red.
Removed by original poster on 04/16/08 - 18:15:55 (GMT).
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2008 - 01:58 AM UTC
Hey Lee,
Interesting,So you're living in Tanzania now? What you doing over there?
mazyen
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 07:23 AM UTC
Hi Nick
Here are the only 3 low res pics of the Zelda that I found. [img]http://put.url.here/image.file[]
BTW I'm with a developer here building resorts in the safari parks.
Just got my antennas installed. Will post some pics after some finishing touches & hopefully find time to take some photos this weekend.
Cheers
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 07:45 AM UTC
Hey Lee, yup those are the pics. Looking forward to your completed build.

PS: building resorts in safari parks! Must be a real cool job!

Cheers,
Nick
 _GOTOTOP