_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
my first gallery
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 07:57 AM UTC
Hi guys. Well i finally got hold of a digital camera I took some shots of my sorry attempts at armour modelling I have a gallery on the armourama m.sn. group Its called Easy's stuff I dont know anything about urls and stuff yet. But please be my guest and have a look. I have a big ass so dont be afraid to kick it . all the best ( funny how you notice all the mistakes when you take a photo).
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 652 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 08:19 AM UTC
Hope this helps you out...

Easy's stuff
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 08:58 AM UTC
nice models,nice photos and good friend Desert-Fox. Johnny,I liked all 9 photos and models.please see Forum help ,you will see adding photos and links are really so easy here.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 09:02 AM UTC
In my view they are not bad at all. I will only add a bit of highlights on the raised details with drybrush and a wash to the recesses just to add a bit of contrast (it can also be the lightning to make the models appear a bit flat). Also the rear part of the gun on the german veihicle, needs a bit more of attention...
For what conecrn the pics try to shoot them in dayligth and increase the depth of field, avoiding if possible the flash.
Ciao
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 09:18 AM UTC
Thanks for the Technical help Martin I am useless with computors, thanks for the observations guys You may notice the mudguard is crooked on the marder,Just before I took the photos My cat (Elvis) who fights lightheavyweight sparred with the marder hence the damage>The Sheman isnt quite finished as pointed out awash and some drybrushing is needed plus a coat of dulcote. all the best.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 01:00 PM UTC
Easy,
You've got a great handle on armor. I really like the construction and weathering on both of your kits.
Constuctive comments on the diorama --- The dirorama is from the table up. I like that you have a base and ground work in a unique shape on top. Great start, I would suggest you zap the edge with some sandpaper to give it a little better finish.
Watch your seams. You can see the seams in the brick segments. Just add a bit of putty and sand smooth. It'll give it a nice finished look. The seam at the shoulders are usually boogers and give me fits. Again, add a bit of putty and sand them smooth, if you want a more natural clothing seam, just etche one in the putty with a dental pick or the back of a #11 blade.

My complements to you on these kits. You have added a lot of detail, extra shells, stoage, rubbish, etc. Very good job. Well done.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 06:50 PM UTC
I think everyone pointed out your few areas to improve. I don't totally agree with Slodder. the seam btwn brick pieces could be a crack (following path of least resistance---the mortar) you could chip the bricks up a bit
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2003 - 06:07 AM UTC
Thanks for the observations guys I will admit that is the first time i have put a model on any type of base.The ruin was Tamyias brick wall sections, the door and roof beams were scratch built the camo net on the Marder is the gauze fron the end of a bandage.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2003 - 06:11 AM UTC
Hope that bandage wasn't used during the building process!!!

Nate
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2003 - 11:51 AM UTC
I too, think you are being too hard on yourself Easy! But I have to agree with you on the help of the camera to see things you cant see yourself. Thats the great thing with the digital cameras, is that you can photos after each stage and critic your own work!
Question: Are the Tamiya walls, detailed on both sides? I bought some Italeri church walls and had to use plastic card to square off the backs. Just wondering as I was thinking of buying these for some handy little fill-ins.
I love the mud you have used on the sherman. What did you use? From your photos it is easy to see that there is no mud behind the boogies. This stands out a bit. maybe something else to touch up !
hworth18
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 426 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2003 - 12:10 PM UTC
Those look really good, the only thing that really stands out as needing help is that the grass looks VERY green, but it may just be the color on my monitor too.. Great job though..
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 06:35 AM UTC
Hi , the Tamyia walls are detailed both sides I just used polyfilla to make one side look rendered, The mud on the Sherman is ready mixed polyfilla, the grounds out of my coffee perculator dried in the oven,some sand and the contents of my electric razor all mixed together with humbrol dark earth then lots of dark brown pastel dust. Yes the grass really is that green its railway scenic material guess it could use a tone down. all the best.
 _GOTOTOP