_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Now, M/C Crews from Masterbox
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 10:15 PM UTC
The other day, I published images from Masterbox Ltd. of their WIP on a NEW BMW Motorcyle crew in 1/35th scale. So, to bring the story up-to-date, this photo-report looks at another WIP - a couple of different crews for the motorcyle. The Photo-Report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 10:28 PM UTC
Hi jim

Thanks for these. Nice to see the " in progress" stuff if only to tease us more

The sidecar rider looks a mean devil.

I hope the original ones they showed are still in the pipeline as well as these. The ones you reported on in this news thread

http://armorama.com/news/3185

Alan
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 10:35 PM UTC
Alan, i'll get confirmation later, but the M/C used is probably the Tamiya one (just to show the crew in position)...

No thanks to me - Masterbox makes an enormous effort to keep us posted on all their developments. If only ALL companies were as helpful
acav
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 517 posts
Armorama: 290 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2008 - 09:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Alan, i'll get confirmation later, but the M/C used is probably the Tamiya one (just to show the crew in position)...

At the risk of being labelled a wiseacre and a nitpicker, that is not the old Tamiya BMW combination - the front mudguard brace was never in that kit nor were there any hand controls (clutch and brake lever) or pipes connecting the cylinder heads to the exhausts, the photos feature a separate front mudguard (which was commented on in the previous review as being a feature of the new kit) and the wheels are very obviously moulded in more than one piece (gaps behind the spokes indicate separate pieces).

Not trying to rain on any parade here, I think the new BMW kit and the proposed crew figures are just what we've all been waiting for.
I only wish my LHS would stock 'em...
Yoni_Lev
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2008 - 04:36 PM UTC

Honestly, it's hard for me to get excited about more German WW2 stuff, since that's not really my thing, model-wise.

However, Masterbox should get a BIG pat on the back for bringing this set out; a new, state-of-the-art BMW was probably on many modelers' wish lists, and both the motorcycle and the figures have enormous potential, even if not used in other "instant vignettes". I like the direction MB is taking with this one, and I'm sure one (or two) will work its way into my stash (for inevitable capture by Allied forces, of course).

-YL
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2008 - 08:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Honestly, it's hard for me to get excited about more German WW2 stuff, since that's not really my thing, model-wise.

Nor, to be honest mine However, coming from a (predominantly) Allied modeler, this is a good example of how badly, IMO, Axis modelers have been treated. Oh yes, plenty of the big 'status' projects like Panthers, Tigers etc. (at least the PzIV has been finally addressed) but the release of German softskins has been pitiful and, in figures, this (believe it or not) is the first M/C riders from ANY injection company...
Simon
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 878 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2008 - 08:46 PM UTC
MB did it again!

They really know what gaps there has to be filled figure-wise.

Great stuff.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 05:11 AM UTC
Greetings all,

Not big on Axis stuff myself but this shows good thinking on their part, offering a range of figures to suit the theatre/time of war. A few standing M/C riders would probely fit the bill too. They have produced some very user friendly sets of late so I take my hat off to them 'simply steps ahead' lol, lol.

Just waiting on their range of British/Commonwealth figures which I hope they approach with the same though process

Al
postbusf
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 08:37 PM UTC
YAHOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!
This is how it should be done.
Keep in touch with your customers and listen to there feed back.
MasterBox, you are fantastic !
A school example for other great companies.

Happy greetings, Frank
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 08:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This is how it should be done.

Well Frank, you can take some of the credit - the owner of Masterbox saw your comments in the thread on the M/C images and immediately sent images of the riders...
postbusf
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 08:50 PM UTC
Thanks Jim, and offcourse Master box for making great modelkits like these.

Frank.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 02:26 PM UTC
I want one !!!!! Very cool Masterbox. milvehfan
 _GOTOTOP