_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Oh T-62, Where Art Thou?
Yoni_Lev
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 - 06:11 PM UTC
I'm wondering if anyone has heard any news about Trumpeter's T-62 kits, which were originally announced here in early 2007.

Now it's almost mid-2008 and I can't find any info about a possible release date. As a matter of fact, I can't find anything in Trumpy's online catalog anymore. Kits 00376 and 00377 (the two planned T-62s) have mysteriously disappeared. Hmmm. I guess it's a good thing I'm not holding my breath.

I don't want to jinx anything, so I'm not even going to ask about the BMP-3s...

-YL
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 - 07:04 PM UTC
Oh yeah!

What a wonderful world it would be.......to have a brand new T-62 kit available.

Most confusing is (at least for me), that models which were announced later on, are released before

Itīs a mad world........mad world...........mad world........

Best regards,

Andreas
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 - 07:52 PM UTC
I made it something of a priority to ask Trumpeter directly about the T-62s in Nuremberg back in february. The answer was YES. they would be doing them in 2008.

As to the first of the BMPs, I beliexe HobbyLink Japan have them on pre.order for June... Here's the link:

http://www.hlj.com/product/TRP00364
Yoni_Lev
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 05:06 AM UTC
Thanks for the update, Jim. It's nice to know that they haven't dropped the T-62 kits completely, which was my fear when they disappeared from Trumpy's catalog listing.

Andreas: I agree completely. Maybe the weird and random world of product releases will be explained to us one day.

-YL
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 06:47 AM UTC
Patience, patience...(I guess the old adage is true...nothing is so wanted as what cannot be immediately had).

As long as the T-62's that come out are not inaccurate in a major way, then I will be happy if they take a year to come out. However, if they come out quickly and have major accuracy issues, that will be BAD.

My guess, and it is only a W.A. guess, is that we see them Sept/Oct.
Yoni_Lev
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 07:16 PM UTC

That's true, Jacques. I'd rather have a good, accurate kit in a year than a lesser one in a few months.

Still, the initial product announcement was in early '07, for a release later that year. I was just hoping that they hadn't forgotten about us.

-YL
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 02:21 AM UTC
Oh, I don't think they will be forgetting about US! HEH heh.

Look how long it took them to get the MAZ out, and now it is here. I do not know why PT-76's beat out the release of the BMP-3's and T-62's, but they did. I am worrying more about wether this trend of modern Russian vehicles has legs.

Now go work on those MAZ's or PT-76's.
Yoni_Lev
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 05:45 AM UTC

Actually, I have a Trumpy KV-1 in mid-build that is just begging to be finished up, so maybe I should work on that.

-YL
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 03:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh, I don't think they will be forgetting about US! HEH heh.

Look how long it took them to get the MAZ out, and now it is here. I do not know why PT-76's beat out the release of the BMP-3's and T-62's, but they did. I am worrying more about wether this trend of modern Russian vehicles has legs.

Now go work on those MAZ's or PT-76's.

I really hope it does "have legs." Recently they've released quite a few WW2 Germans, and this has me worried. I remember when DML/Dragon used to do modern Russian vehicles, and then one day they stopped, and starting doing WW2 panzers. Will Trumpeter go the same route?
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 10:26 PM UTC
I guess German WW2 "average" stuff still sells better (just have a look over to the AFV - forum section as an indicator -> much more busy than over here... ) And the sad it is, it is true: what sells better is produced! On the other hand we have quite a few very good manufacturers of short run resin curiosities from the east... better than nothing I'd say. And I'm REALLY happy actually that at least Trumpeter is coming out with some nice stuff lately....
 _GOTOTOP