_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Trumpeter :Stryker RV - Images
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 08:21 PM UTC
We''ve just been sent images of yet another FUTURE releases from Trumpeter- This time, the subject is 395 - M1127 Stryker Reconnaissance Vehicle (RV). The images can be seen.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

DeskJockey
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,558 posts
Armorama: 1,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 02:20 PM UTC
It seems from the one test shot that they've done a fair amount of new work for the RV variant. I can't really tell, but it seems they've made some attempt to model the tie downs that run all over the top of the various Stryker variants. I'm also intrigued by the mention of four figures to be included in the kit. I hope these are new ones that improve on previous Trumpeter efforts.
Steve1479
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 164 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 08:18 AM UTC
Wow Trumpeter is actually including figures!!! This is a first
bodag
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 - 12:03 AM UTC
One of the biggest knocks on their first Stryker was the dimensions of the hull. It is interesting that the new kit blurb mentions new molding of both the upper and lower hull. Hopefully they will get it right this time. Otherwise, I will probably buy this kit to update the AFV
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:52 AM UTC
I have been trying to see the positives on this, but that is still tempered by what I am not seeing. The PE does not SEEM to address the strut guard problem of the original kit, so I am afraid we still have that issue to deal with, even though Trumpeter came out w/ correct strut guards in their update kit. The bustle racks are missing in the photos and I assume they will be the same ones from the original kit as well. These were not that great, and did not have the tie downs. The smoke dischargers appear to be the same terrible ones from the ICV. The DVE is still in the wrong place. It looks like other details that were soft in the ICV have the same issues here, like the front winch assembly and light clusters.

Nice to see the LRSS and MG240 and exhaust deflector. Also a tow bar is included which is cool. Can't tell if it will need detailed or not.

If they went to the trouble to retool the hull they should have fixed the dimensional problems and they should have added non-skid texture. Can't tell right now...

_GOTOTOP