_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
FEATURE
Building the Italeri M8 Greyhound
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2008 - 12:56 AM UTC
Ron Goins shows how he build and painted the Italeri M8 Greyhound.

M8 Greyhound

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
burgesse
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2008 - 05:27 AM UTC
Very nice work on the detailing. Are those PE straps around the stowage bundles? The swollen, tightly wrapped effect is quite effective. And, why no fenders? Was that an artistic decision or a historic one?
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 11:05 PM UTC
Ron, yet again you have amazed me with the finish you have achieved. The depth and realism you achieve with your finishes is second to none, in my humble opinion mate. I scratched some snow chains for the Tamiya kit a while back, and I also was happy with how they turned out. Fiddly and time consuming, but quite rewarding!
Great stuff
Brad
biffa
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 881 posts
Armorama: 826 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 09:40 AM UTC
Well after several months away from the hobby i come back to find this one published, thanks Henk that was nice timing and i appreciate your time putting it together

Hi Ed thanks for the comments, the fenders were left off just because i didnt want to cover up the snow chains heh but i remember seeing pics of these vehicles with them missing so its not totally artistic but definatly wasnt based on an actual vehicle.

Hi Brad, thanks man i always appreciate your comments on my allied builds i know ive done ok if i get your thumbs up, i agree about the snow chains i think they really set this particular vehicle off perfectly.

Ron.
 _GOTOTOP